'ER' Actor James Farentino Dies of Heart Failure
Sad news came from the acting world. James Farentino, who portrayed George Clooney's estranged father on "ER", has passed away at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles on Tuesday, January 24. Family spokesman Bob Palmer says the actor, who has suffered from a lengthy illness, died of heart failure at the age of 73.
Born on February 24, 1938, in Brooklyn, New York, Farentino launched his career with a 1961 Broadway appearance in "Night of the Iguana". He went on to earn a Golden Globe for Most Promising Newcomer in 1967 for "The Pad and How to Use It". In 1978, he collected an Emmy nomination for his portrayal of Saint Peter in the NBC miniseries "Jesus of Nazareth".
Farentino, who was survived by two sons, David and Saverio, was also famous for his tumultuous personal life. In March 1994, he pleaded no contest to stalking ex-girlfriend Tina Sinatra, who is the youngest daughter of Frank Sinatra, after being charged with 24 misdemeanor counts of stalking, making harassing phone calls and violating a restraining order.
The actor, who starred opposite Kirk Douglas and Martin Sheen in "The Final Countdown", was married and divorced from Elizabeth Ashley of "Treme", Michele Lee of "Knots Landing" and Debrah Farentino of "Eureka". Though filing for divorce from fourth wife Stella Farentino in 2001, he remained married to her until his death.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media