'House of Lies', 'Shameless', 'Californication' Get New Season Orders
Showtime has given new season orders to its Sunday programs: "House of Lies", "Shameless" and "Californication". The dark comedy series starring Don Cheadle and Kristen Bell, which has become the network's second highest-rated freshman premiere night ever, will return for a second season.
Showing a rating increase in its currently airing season 2, dramedy "Shameless" which revolves around the Gallaghers will return for a third season. As for "Californication", it will return for a sixth season. The David Duchovny-starring series averages 2.96 million viewers in its fifth season.
"These three shows are clearly resonating with audiences as evidenced by their steady growth on Sunday nights," said Showtime's entertainment president David Nevins. "We are extremely pleased with the creative work being done by the casts, producers and writers - and I so appreciate that each of these series has such a clear and distinctive voice."
Showtime has previously renewed another rookie series "Homeland", which became a hit for the network and has won the 2011 Golden Globe Award for Best Drama Series.
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway