'House of Lies', 'Shameless', 'Californication' Get New Season Orders
Showtime has given new season orders to its Sunday programs: "House of Lies", "Shameless" and "Californication". The dark comedy series starring Don Cheadle and Kristen Bell, which has become the network's second highest-rated freshman premiere night ever, will return for a second season.
Showing a rating increase in its currently airing season 2, dramedy "Shameless" which revolves around the Gallaghers will return for a third season. As for "Californication", it will return for a sixth season. The David Duchovny-starring series averages 2.96 million viewers in its fifth season.
"These three shows are clearly resonating with audiences as evidenced by their steady growth on Sunday nights," said Showtime's entertainment president David Nevins. "We are extremely pleased with the creative work being done by the casts, producers and writers - and I so appreciate that each of these series has such a clear and distinctive voice."
Showtime has previously renewed another rookie series "Homeland", which became a hit for the network and has won the 2011 Golden Globe Award for Best Drama Series.
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier