Nicole Scherzinger and Paula Abdul Out of 'X Factor (US)' Too
"The X Factor (US)" is apparently undergoing a big shakeup. Just hours after Steven Jones announced that he won't return as the host in season 2, Nicole Scherzinger and Paula Abdul were also reported out of the show.
A representative for FOX which aired the reality series has since confirmed that Scherzinger's contract is not renewed, but has not responded to report about Abdul's departure. A show source claimed that the former female judge on "American Idol" just "found out today."
A so-called insider told E! News that creator Simon Cowell, who also sits on the judge panel, made such decisions because he "wants to take the show in a different direction." On whether this is "just a negotiating ploy", a source insisted, "The plan is to part ways amicably."
Earlier on Monday, January 30, Jones tweeted about his departure, "I wont be hosting next seasons XFactor which is a shame but I cant complain as I've had a great time." Later, a source revealed that Scherzinger won't come back either because "she wants to focus on her music career."
Meanwhile, L.A. Reid has reportedly not been informed about any change to his status as a judge.
Reacting to news of the changes in "X Factor (US)", Nigel Lythgoe who executive produces "American Idol" and "So You Think You Can Dance" tweeted, "Shocked to see Simon has fired Paula Abdul, Nicole and Steve from the X-Factor."
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Denies Cheating Rumors
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Shows 'Farewell Tour' in First Trailer
- Erin Andrews and Jarret Stoll Get Married in Sunset Ceremony
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London