Nicole Scherzinger and Paula Abdul Out of 'X Factor (US)' Too
"The X Factor (US)" is apparently undergoing a big shakeup. Just hours after Steven Jones announced that he won't return as the host in season 2, Nicole Scherzinger and Paula Abdul were also reported out of the show.
A representative for FOX which aired the reality series has since confirmed that Scherzinger's contract is not renewed, but has not responded to report about Abdul's departure. A show source claimed that the former female judge on "American Idol" just "found out today."
A so-called insider told E! News that creator Simon Cowell, who also sits on the judge panel, made such decisions because he "wants to take the show in a different direction." On whether this is "just a negotiating ploy", a source insisted, "The plan is to part ways amicably."
Earlier on Monday, January 30, Jones tweeted about his departure, "I wont be hosting next seasons XFactor which is a shame but I cant complain as I've had a great time." Later, a source revealed that Scherzinger won't come back either because "she wants to focus on her music career."
Meanwhile, L.A. Reid has reportedly not been informed about any change to his status as a judge.
Reacting to news of the changes in "X Factor (US)", Nigel Lythgoe who executive produces "American Idol" and "So You Think You Can Dance" tweeted, "Shocked to see Simon has fired Paula Abdul, Nicole and Steve from the X-Factor."
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton