Kevin Federline to Undergo More Tests With Cardiologist After Second Health Scare
Kevin Federline is seeking help from a specialist after suffering yet another health scare during a filming for Australian weight-loss show "Excess Baggage". A spokesman for production company Fremantle Media says that the ex-husband of Britney Spears is set to "undergo further investigation with a cardiologist" on Tuesday, January 24.
Federline was rushed to a hospital on Monday, January 23 after displaying symptoms of minor cardiac arrest. He was released later the same night and is recovering at home. About his release, Fremantle's spokesman said, "Excess Baggage contestant Kevin Federline has been given the all-clear after spending the day in medical care."
On what sent Federline to the hospital in the first place, the rep explained that the 33-year-old and producers "became concerned with his extreme pulse rate and abnormal heart beat during a week six challenge of the program. The program medic took the action of calling an ambulance so that a hospital could assess his well-being. After more tests, he was released late last night."
Providing more details on the week six challenge was a spokesperson for TV network Nine. Federline "was at Doonside with the Greater Western Sydney Giants, completing an AFL-related challenge. He did this challenge, which was running and catching the ball," dished the rep, who noted that the former back-up dancer complained of chest pains and a racing heart while his in-series partner was taking the same challenge.
Federline, who weighs in at 231 pounds, also had to be taken to a hospital while working on "Excess" back in December 2011. At the time, he was hospitalized for heatstroke and dehydration after collapsing during filming for a challenge in the Kimberley region of West Australia.
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'