'Nikita' Showrunner Teases a Lot of Death in This Season
There will be more blood spilled on "Nikita". Showrunner Craig Silverstein recently said that they are going to start killing off some characters of The CW's thriller series. "We've built up a lot of [cast members], and so we've got to start killing them off," he told TVLine before jokingly adding, "Frankly, I can't afford them all!"
While he remained mum on who will see the demise, Silverstein did admit that secondary characters like Roan and the Guardians are the potential victims. However, the series regulars are not necessarily safe from getting the axe as he noted that Ashton Holmes' Thom, who was killed off in season 1, was a regular.
Silverstein added that some characters will not be featured dead, but they just "go away."
The current second season of the action drama series will also see the return of some characters. Silverstein teased that Alex's estranged mother Katya (Sarah Clarke) will appear again in upcoming episode. "Alex is going to have to come to figure out what she's going to do about her mom, how culpable she is and if she is worth saving," he shared.
As for Cassandra who will return in episode 17, Silverstein stressed that she is indeed Michael's kid as saying, "There's no twist coming up to refute that." He additionally promised, "I'm not going to kill the kid or leave him without a mother, so we need to resolve this in a satisfying way - and we will."
Devon Sawa's Owen will also be "back for some big stuff near the end of the season," while Nikita will soon discover her friend Ryan is still alive. Silverstein further teased there is a possibility that Thom will show up again someday, but only if "Ashton's character, Tyler, dies on 'Revenge'."
"Nikita" is currently on a hiatus and will return with new episodes from the second season on Thursday, February 3.
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton