New Sneak Peek for Shonda Rimes' Drama 'Scandal' Sees a Decision Making
A new look at Shonda Rimes' upcoming drama series "Scandal" has landed online. The clip highlights Olivia Pope's fierce attitude as she and her partners are discussing the pros and cons of taking on a new client. While most of her team mates seem to be reluctant to handle the case, she has her own opinion and decides to take the client without even bothering to take a vote.
Playing the charismatic Olivia is Kerry Washington. The gig marks her first major TV role. Speaking to ET Online on what got her hooked to the show, she revealed, "The script was so good; I threw it across the room at one point. I really wanted this role -- and I had to beat out a lot of other actresses."
Her character, a former media relations consultant to the President, opens her own firm after leaving the White House. Hoping to start a new chapter both professionally and personally, she can't seem to completely cut ties with her past. Slowly it becomes apparent that her staff, who specialize in fixing the lives of other people, can't quite fix the ones closest at hand - their own.
"Scandal" will debut on Thursday, April 5 at 10 P.M. on ABC. Joining Washington in the cast ensemble are Columbus Short, Henry Ian Cusick and Darby Stanchfield among others.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?