New Sneak Peek for Shonda Rimes' Drama 'Scandal' Sees a Decision Making
A new look at Shonda Rimes' upcoming drama series "Scandal" has landed online. The clip highlights Olivia Pope's fierce attitude as she and her partners are discussing the pros and cons of taking on a new client. While most of her team mates seem to be reluctant to handle the case, she has her own opinion and decides to take the client without even bothering to take a vote.
Playing the charismatic Olivia is Kerry Washington. The gig marks her first major TV role. Speaking to ET Online on what got her hooked to the show, she revealed, "The script was so good; I threw it across the room at one point. I really wanted this role -- and I had to beat out a lot of other actresses."
Her character, a former media relations consultant to the President, opens her own firm after leaving the White House. Hoping to start a new chapter both professionally and personally, she can't seem to completely cut ties with her past. Slowly it becomes apparent that her staff, who specialize in fixing the lives of other people, can't quite fix the ones closest at hand - their own.
"Scandal" will debut on Thursday, April 5 at 10 P.M. on ABC. Joining Washington in the cast ensemble are Columbus Short, Henry Ian Cusick and Darby Stanchfield among others.
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke