New Sneak Peek for Shonda Rimes' Drama 'Scandal' Sees a Decision Making
A new look at Shonda Rimes' upcoming drama series "Scandal" has landed online. The clip highlights Olivia Pope's fierce attitude as she and her partners are discussing the pros and cons of taking on a new client. While most of her team mates seem to be reluctant to handle the case, she has her own opinion and decides to take the client without even bothering to take a vote.
Playing the charismatic Olivia is Kerry Washington. The gig marks her first major TV role. Speaking to ET Online on what got her hooked to the show, she revealed, "The script was so good; I threw it across the room at one point. I really wanted this role -- and I had to beat out a lot of other actresses."
Her character, a former media relations consultant to the President, opens her own firm after leaving the White House. Hoping to start a new chapter both professionally and personally, she can't seem to completely cut ties with her past. Slowly it becomes apparent that her staff, who specialize in fixing the lives of other people, can't quite fix the ones closest at hand - their own.
"Scandal" will debut on Thursday, April 5 at 10 P.M. on ABC. Joining Washington in the cast ensemble are Columbus Short, Henry Ian Cusick and Darby Stanchfield among others.
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage