New Sneak Peek for Shonda Rimes' Drama 'Scandal' Sees a Decision Making
A new look at Shonda Rimes' upcoming drama series "Scandal" has landed online. The clip highlights Olivia Pope's fierce attitude as she and her partners are discussing the pros and cons of taking on a new client. While most of her team mates seem to be reluctant to handle the case, she has her own opinion and decides to take the client without even bothering to take a vote.
Playing the charismatic Olivia is Kerry Washington. The gig marks her first major TV role. Speaking to ET Online on what got her hooked to the show, she revealed, "The script was so good; I threw it across the room at one point. I really wanted this role -- and I had to beat out a lot of other actresses."
Her character, a former media relations consultant to the President, opens her own firm after leaving the White House. Hoping to start a new chapter both professionally and personally, she can't seem to completely cut ties with her past. Slowly it becomes apparent that her staff, who specialize in fixing the lives of other people, can't quite fix the ones closest at hand - their own.
"Scandal" will debut on Thursday, April 5 at 10 P.M. on ABC. Joining Washington in the cast ensemble are Columbus Short, Henry Ian Cusick and Darby Stanchfield among others.
More Scandal News
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'