Andrea Riseborough and Olga Kurylenko Are Tom Cruise's Leading Ladies in 'Horizons'
The female leads for Tom Cruise's upcoming sci-fi movie "Horizons" have been found. According to Variety, "W.E." actress Andrea Riseborough and "Quantum of Solace" star Olga Kurylenko have been tapped to portray Cruise's leading ladies in the John Kosinski-directed film.
One of the two actresses will play Cruise's wife and the other one will portray his mysterious lover. However, it is still not clear which role belong to Kurylenko and Riseborough.
Former Bond girl Kurylenko auditioned for her role along with Jessica Chastain, Olivia Wilde and Noomi Rapace back in August 2011. Chastain was originally cast for the part, but the actress exited the project after she decided to commit to Kathryn Bigelow's "Kill Bin Laden". It is said that Cruise liked Kuylenko from the first audition though she was not tested in further audition.
Riseborough, meanwhile, was newly linked to the movie project. The English actress didn't join the August or November test for her part though. By joining the high-profile film project, the 30-year-old actress is set to make her American film debut.
The forthcoming film, which was previously known as "Oblivion", is set in the future where the Earth's surface has been irradiated beyond recognition and the remants of humanity above the cloud, safe from the brutal alien Scavengers that stalk the ruins. A repairman named Jak must face an unstoppable chain of events that forces him to question everything he knows, after he found a mysterious lady in a crash-landed pod.
Michael Arndt is currently rewriting the script, which drafts were initially penned by William Monahan and Karl Gajdusek. The movie was previously set to be released in the U.S. theaters on July 3, 2013, but has been rescheduled to arrive in cinemas nationwide on July 19 the same year.
- Kristen Stewart Uncharacteristically Cheerful During Outing With Stella Maxwell
- Halsey Unveils 'Hopeless Fountain Kingdom' Track List
- Kylie Jenner Hits Back at Critics Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Sexy Selfie
- Robert Downey Jr.'s 'Doctor Dolittle' Moves Up Release Date to Avoid 'Star Wars: Episode IX'
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Adds 'Battlestar Galactica', 'Jericho' Stars and More
- DMX Enters Rehab After Canceling Three Shows
- Katy Perry's Reportedly Jealous Seeing Orlando Bloom Moving On So Fast With Nina Dobrev
- 'Big Bang Theory' Stars Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch Reach New Deals After Salary Raises