Katy Perry Releases Acoustic Version of 'One That Got Away'
Katy Perry has released another version of her latest single "The One That Got Away". The estranged wife of Russell Brand goes unplugged in this re-recorded song, baring her heart out about a long-lost love over the acoustic beat.
This is not the only remix that Katy makes for the breakup anthem. Last December, the "E.T." hitmaker dropped a revamped tune which features B.o.B. She kept the original beat and lyrics intact, and simply added his rap lines in some parts of the remix.
Currently sitting at No. 6, "The One That Got Away" peaked at No. 3 on Billboard Hot 100, becoming her sixth top-five single from one album alone, "Teenage Dream". She matched an achievement that George Michael got in 1987-88 through the singles in his album "Faith".
Prior to "One That Got Away", Katy ruled the U.S. single chart with five "Teenage Dream" singles. She's tied with Michael Jackson as an artist who has five Hot 100 No. 1s from one album. For around 25 years, the late King of Pop has held the record to himself, thanks to album "Bad".
More Katy Perry News
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular
- Cheryl Signs Up for Private Boxing Sessions in an Attempt to Get Back Into Shape After Giving Birth
- Jake Gyllenhaal Loses His Legs in Boston Marathon Bombing in Intense Trailer for 'Stronger'
- 50 Cent Has the Hots for Helen Mirren Despite 30-Year Age Gap: 'She Turns Me On'
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sparks Plastic Surgery Speculations
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters