Katy Perry's 'One That Got Away' Remix Ft. B.o.B Surfaces in Full
Katy Perry's "The One That Got Away" remix hits the web just few days after she scored a sixth top-5 single with the original version of the song. The revamped tune opens with B.o.B throwing some extra verses which gives a male point of view to the nostalgic story of her long-lost love.
"It's crazy, 'cause nights like this would start out with a little private party/ You sneak me in your Mom's house," the Atlanta rapper rhymes. In his next lines, he narrates that things started to fall out when they "had the whole thing mapped out," and were ready to take their relationship to the next level.
Releasing a remix is the same strategy done by Katy's team to boost the sales of her previous single "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)". Back then, she enlisted Missy Elliott as her featured guest and kept the tune and lyrics of the original song intact like she did in the B.o.B collaboration.
Katy did successfully climb to No. 1 on Billboard, making her the first woman in the 53-year history of the chart to produce five chart-topping singles from the same album. The West Coast pop singer spent at least two weeks on the penthouse of the U.S. single chart.
Katy never specifically declared her intention to score another No. 1 single, but it seemed that she and her camp are eager to push "The One That Got Away" to the top spot for they recently slashed its price to only 69 cents. The song has climbed from No. 9 to No. 4 on the weekly rundown.
The sale number from the low-pricing strategy, fortunately, is still eligible for inclusion on the Billboard chart. The new rule issued by Nielsen SoundScan regarding the counting of the final figure only excludes "unit sales for digital tracks priced below $0.39 during their first three months of release."
By yielding the sixth top 5 single, she scored another unprecedented feat yet again. She matched an achievement which George Michael got in 1987-88 through the singles in his album "Faith". On top of that, she's one step closer to match a feat which belonged only to Janet Jackson (seven top 5 singles from one album, "Rhythm Nation 1814").
If the single makes a steady progress towards the top, another historic milestone is waiting for the wife of British funnyman Russell Brand. With one more No. 1 single from the album, the 27-year-old popstar could surpass Michael Jackson as an artist who has the first-ever album with six Hot 100 No. 1s. For around 25 years, the late King of Pop has held the record to himself, thanks to singles from album "Bad".
More Katy Perry News
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film