'Glee' to Do Disco in Honor of The Bee Gees
While gleeks are anticipating for a Michael Jackson tribute episode, Ryan Murphy is already preparing another special outing of "Glee". The show's creator recently revealed to TV Guide that he plans to do an episode to honor The Bee Gees' "Saturday Night Fever" soundtrack.
"We've never done disco on the show, but I'm interested in the genius of The Bee Gees," Murphy gushed, hinting at a music genre that will be featured in the April episode. Asked if John Travolta who starred in the 1977 film will make appearance, he promised, "I would ask him."
"Travolta and Cory Monteith [Finn] became close friends at a party when Cory told him he'd seen 'Broken Arrow' [Travolta's 1996 movie] 20 times. Travolta sent him an autographed copy of the DVD," Murphy gushed. Sharing a possible storyline for Travolta, he added, "Maybe we'll have them dance in a Finn dream sequence."
"Glee" will return from a holiday hiatus on Tuesday, January 17 with "Yes/No" which will feature the New Directions covering "Summer Nights" from Travolta's 1978 film "Grease". The MJ tribute episode, meanwhile, will air on January 31.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart