'Glee' to Do Disco in Honor of The Bee Gees
While gleeks are anticipating for a Michael Jackson tribute episode, Ryan Murphy is already preparing another special outing of "Glee". The show's creator recently revealed to TV Guide that he plans to do an episode to honor The Bee Gees' "Saturday Night Fever" soundtrack.
"We've never done disco on the show, but I'm interested in the genius of The Bee Gees," Murphy gushed, hinting at a music genre that will be featured in the April episode. Asked if John Travolta who starred in the 1977 film will make appearance, he promised, "I would ask him."
"Travolta and Cory Monteith [Finn] became close friends at a party when Cory told him he'd seen 'Broken Arrow' [Travolta's 1996 movie] 20 times. Travolta sent him an autographed copy of the DVD," Murphy gushed. Sharing a possible storyline for Travolta, he added, "Maybe we'll have them dance in a Finn dream sequence."
"Glee" will return from a holiday hiatus on Tuesday, January 17 with "Yes/No" which will feature the New Directions covering "Summer Nights" from Travolta's 1978 film "Grease". The MJ tribute episode, meanwhile, will air on January 31.
- Nick Jonas Caught Enjoying a Date Night With a Mystery Blonde
- The Next 'X-Men' Sequel May Be Directed by Simon Kinberg
- Jimmy Kimmel Will Try His Best to Keep Matt Damon Off Oscars' Stage
- Prince Harry Plans to Move to the U.S. Once He Marries Meghan Markle
- Ed Sheeran Covers Little Mix's 'Touch' in Radio 1's Live Lounge
- Blonde Justin Bieber Enjoys Sunbathing in Acapulco - See the Pics
- 'Game of Thrones' Actor Alfie Allen to Join 'The Predator'
- Ben Affleck Moves Back in With Jennifer Garner Amid Divorce Rumors