'Glee' to Do Disco in Honor of The Bee Gees
While gleeks are anticipating for a Michael Jackson tribute episode, Ryan Murphy is already preparing another special outing of "Glee". The show's creator recently revealed to TV Guide that he plans to do an episode to honor The Bee Gees' "Saturday Night Fever" soundtrack.
"We've never done disco on the show, but I'm interested in the genius of The Bee Gees," Murphy gushed, hinting at a music genre that will be featured in the April episode. Asked if John Travolta who starred in the 1977 film will make appearance, he promised, "I would ask him."
"Travolta and Cory Monteith [Finn] became close friends at a party when Cory told him he'd seen 'Broken Arrow' [Travolta's 1996 movie] 20 times. Travolta sent him an autographed copy of the DVD," Murphy gushed. Sharing a possible storyline for Travolta, he added, "Maybe we'll have them dance in a Finn dream sequence."
"Glee" will return from a holiday hiatus on Tuesday, January 17 with "Yes/No" which will feature the New Directions covering "Summer Nights" from Travolta's 1978 film "Grease". The MJ tribute episode, meanwhile, will air on January 31.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story