'Glee' to Do Disco in Honor of The Bee Gees
While gleeks are anticipating for a Michael Jackson tribute episode, Ryan Murphy is already preparing another special outing of "Glee". The show's creator recently revealed to TV Guide that he plans to do an episode to honor The Bee Gees' "Saturday Night Fever" soundtrack.
"We've never done disco on the show, but I'm interested in the genius of The Bee Gees," Murphy gushed, hinting at a music genre that will be featured in the April episode. Asked if John Travolta who starred in the 1977 film will make appearance, he promised, "I would ask him."
"Travolta and Cory Monteith [Finn] became close friends at a party when Cory told him he'd seen 'Broken Arrow' [Travolta's 1996 movie] 20 times. Travolta sent him an autographed copy of the DVD," Murphy gushed. Sharing a possible storyline for Travolta, he added, "Maybe we'll have them dance in a Finn dream sequence."
"Glee" will return from a holiday hiatus on Tuesday, January 17 with "Yes/No" which will feature the New Directions covering "Summer Nights" from Travolta's 1978 film "Grease". The MJ tribute episode, meanwhile, will air on January 31.
More Glee News
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'