Keith Urban to Make First Post-Surgery Performance at Grand Ole Opry
After taking a much-needed rest to recuperate from a throat surgery, Keith Urban is going to be back on stage soon. The husband of Nicole Kidman is confirmed to perform at The Ryman Auditorium on February 3 for the upcoming Grand Ole Opry.
The gig will mark his return to the stage since he went through an out-patient procedure "to remove a polyp which has developed on his vocal chords." Also, it will become his public performance since recording a song for "CMA Country Christmas" television special in mid-November.
Keith Urban went under the knife at Vanderbilt University Medical Center late last year. The predicament forced him to postpone his "All for the Hall" benefit for the Country Music Hall of Fame, and scale back his appearances which required him to perform multiple songs.
The country music crooner has rescheduled the fund-raising concert along with some other canceled appearances, including his 2011 concert tour, for later this year. On top of that, he reportedly will perform for the Grand Ole Opry again in March.
More Keith Urban News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris