Keith Urban to Undergo Throat Surgery, Postpones 'All for the Hall' Concert
Keith Urban is set to go through an out-patient procedure "to remove a polyp which has developed on his vocal chords." The throat surgery, which is scheduled for later this month, is described as "minor," but it "will require complete voice rest followed by an undetermined period of recuperation."
This predicament forces the husband of actress Nicole Kidman to postpone his "All for the Hall" concert which benefits the Country Music Hall of Fame. The fund-raising event was supposed to take place on January 18, but it has been rescheduled along with some other canceled appearances.
Although the 44-year-old country music crooner has to substantially scale back his appearances which require him to perform multiple songs, "he will be honoring his pre-existing one-song performance commitments leading up to his procedure at the end of this month." He is set to perform at Country Music Association Awards on November 9.
Keith is not the only singer who has to undergo throat surgery this year. Adele decided to go under the knife to "alleviate the current issues with her throat" a few days ago, and John Mayer did the same a while back after he was diagnosed with a granuloma, or throat inflammation.
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back On After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone Leaving 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off