Keith Urban to Undergo Throat Surgery, Postpones 'All for the Hall' Concert
Keith Urban is set to go through an out-patient procedure "to remove a polyp which has developed on his vocal chords." The throat surgery, which is scheduled for later this month, is described as "minor," but it "will require complete voice rest followed by an undetermined period of recuperation."
This predicament forces the husband of actress Nicole Kidman to postpone his "All for the Hall" concert which benefits the Country Music Hall of Fame. The fund-raising event was supposed to take place on January 18, but it has been rescheduled along with some other canceled appearances.
Although the 44-year-old country music crooner has to substantially scale back his appearances which require him to perform multiple songs, "he will be honoring his pre-existing one-song performance commitments leading up to his procedure at the end of this month." He is set to perform at Country Music Association Awards on November 9.
Keith is not the only singer who has to undergo throat surgery this year. Adele decided to go under the knife to "alleviate the current issues with her throat" a few days ago, and John Mayer did the same a while back after he was diagnosed with a granuloma, or throat inflammation.
More Keith Urban News
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die