Keith Urban to Undergo Throat Surgery, Postpones 'All for the Hall' Concert
Keith Urban is set to go through an out-patient procedure "to remove a polyp which has developed on his vocal chords." The throat surgery, which is scheduled for later this month, is described as "minor," but it "will require complete voice rest followed by an undetermined period of recuperation."
This predicament forces the husband of actress Nicole Kidman to postpone his "All for the Hall" concert which benefits the Country Music Hall of Fame. The fund-raising event was supposed to take place on January 18, but it has been rescheduled along with some other canceled appearances.
Although the 44-year-old country music crooner has to substantially scale back his appearances which require him to perform multiple songs, "he will be honoring his pre-existing one-song performance commitments leading up to his procedure at the end of this month." He is set to perform at Country Music Association Awards on November 9.
Keith is not the only singer who has to undergo throat surgery this year. Adele decided to go under the knife to "alleviate the current issues with her throat" a few days ago, and John Mayer did the same a while back after he was diagnosed with a granuloma, or throat inflammation.
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Livid at Kris Jenner, Says She Barely Gets Money From 'KUWTK'
- Paranoid Travis Scott Fears Kylie Jenner Is Just Using Him to Get Revenge on Tyga
- Park Bom Flaunts Backside in Skimpy Swimsuit
- Watch Fall Out Boy's Bizarre Clip for 'Young and Menace'
- Barack Obama Disses Donald Trump's Tweeting Habit