Keith Urban to Undergo Throat Surgery, Postpones 'All for the Hall' Concert
Keith Urban is set to go through an out-patient procedure "to remove a polyp which has developed on his vocal chords." The throat surgery, which is scheduled for later this month, is described as "minor," but it "will require complete voice rest followed by an undetermined period of recuperation."
This predicament forces the husband of actress Nicole Kidman to postpone his "All for the Hall" concert which benefits the Country Music Hall of Fame. The fund-raising event was supposed to take place on January 18, but it has been rescheduled along with some other canceled appearances.
Although the 44-year-old country music crooner has to substantially scale back his appearances which require him to perform multiple songs, "he will be honoring his pre-existing one-song performance commitments leading up to his procedure at the end of this month." He is set to perform at Country Music Association Awards on November 9.
Keith is not the only singer who has to undergo throat surgery this year. Adele decided to go under the knife to "alleviate the current issues with her throat" a few days ago, and John Mayer did the same a while back after he was diagnosed with a granuloma, or throat inflammation.
More Keith Urban News
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle