Health Officials Clear Beyonce Knowles' Hospital From Mistreatment Complaints
Lenox Hill Hospital, where Beyonce Knowles gave birth to her baby daughter, has been cleared from complaints. Jeffrey Gordon, a spokesman for the New York State Health Department, said that the complaints patients in a hospital neonatal unit were mistreated during the R&B singer's stay were dismissed by Wednesday, January 11 night.
While Gordon didn't go into details on what steps officials took to look into whether any regulations were violated, another spokesman Michael Moran spilled that the state health officials received two complaints against Lenox Hill. Accordingly, one was made anonymously, while the other came from someone who had learned about it through the media.
In his own words, Moran told E! News, "We've received two complaints that we're looking into today. Neither of them was from people who were involved in the situation. One was from someone who read about it in the media and the other was anonymous. So we have no person we can interview or talk to about it. But at this point, we are reviewing the situation."
Queen Bey gave birth to her first child with Jay-Z, Blue Ivy Carter, on Saturday, January 7. In a joint statement released on Monday, the R&B diva and her husband described their daughter's birth as "emotional and extremely peaceful." Saying they "are in heaven," they added, "We are thankful to everyone for all your prayers, well wishes, love and support."
As soon as news of baby Blue's birth made headlines, rumors started to swirl that the powerhouse couple paid $1.3 million to have an entire floor to themselves and that their security guard blocked parents from seeing their own newborns in the neonatal unit for hours. Lenox Hill has since denied the rumors.
Lenox Hill's spokeswoman Barbara Osborn additionally noted that the hospital's executive director is conducting an inquiry into the complaints. She further claimed that the hospital has spoken to seven out of ten parents who had children in the newborn wing when Queen Bey and her husband were there, and stressed, "None have reported being stopped from seeing their babies."
More Beyonce Knowles News
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die