Health Officials Clear Beyonce Knowles' Hospital From Mistreatment Complaints
Lenox Hill Hospital, where Beyonce Knowles gave birth to her baby daughter, has been cleared from complaints. Jeffrey Gordon, a spokesman for the New York State Health Department, said that the complaints patients in a hospital neonatal unit were mistreated during the R&B singer's stay were dismissed by Wednesday, January 11 night.
While Gordon didn't go into details on what steps officials took to look into whether any regulations were violated, another spokesman Michael Moran spilled that the state health officials received two complaints against Lenox Hill. Accordingly, one was made anonymously, while the other came from someone who had learned about it through the media.
In his own words, Moran told E! News, "We've received two complaints that we're looking into today. Neither of them was from people who were involved in the situation. One was from someone who read about it in the media and the other was anonymous. So we have no person we can interview or talk to about it. But at this point, we are reviewing the situation."
Queen Bey gave birth to her first child with Jay-Z, Blue Ivy Carter, on Saturday, January 7. In a joint statement released on Monday, the R&B diva and her husband described their daughter's birth as "emotional and extremely peaceful." Saying they "are in heaven," they added, "We are thankful to everyone for all your prayers, well wishes, love and support."
As soon as news of baby Blue's birth made headlines, rumors started to swirl that the powerhouse couple paid $1.3 million to have an entire floor to themselves and that their security guard blocked parents from seeing their own newborns in the neonatal unit for hours. Lenox Hill has since denied the rumors.
Lenox Hill's spokeswoman Barbara Osborn additionally noted that the hospital's executive director is conducting an inquiry into the complaints. She further claimed that the hospital has spoken to seven out of ten parents who had children in the newborn wing when Queen Bey and her husband were there, and stressed, "None have reported being stopped from seeing their babies."
More Beyonce Knowles News
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones
- Mariah Carey Threw James Packer's Laptop Out the Window After He Played a Beyonce Song
- Ariana Grande Is Sued Over 'One Last Time', Previews New Music Video Ft. Nicki Minaj
- New Set Pics Hint at 'Transformers: The Last Knight' 's Connection With Arthurian Mythology
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani, Ariana Grande and More Featured in 'Trolls' Soundtrack Album
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves