Brad Pitt Walks With Cane After Saving Daughter
On Saturday, January 7, Brad Pitt was walking the red carpet with partner Angelina Jolie as well as a cane. At the 22nd Annual Palm Springs Film Festival, the 48-year-old star said he was injured in the knee after saving one of his daughters.
He told reporters that he has an injured ACL, a ligament in the knee that connects the femur with the tibia. "I was carrying my daughter [Vivienne] down the hill and I slipped," Pitt said. "It was either her or me." Doctors told him he did not need a surgery but has to rely on the help of the stick for a while.
Jolie herself commented, "I like the cane." She added that the cane doesn't change his pace to do things. "He's not that kind of guy. He does everything still," she said. The mother of six further said that Vivienne is "okay. She was absolutely fine."
"When [Maddox] was younger, I took a fall and cracked my elbow because I wanted to make sure he didn't have the fall," Jolie said. "Every parent has injured themselves. Every parent will stand in the line of fire for their kids so it's a normal thing."
Pitt's injury aside, the Palm Springs gala dinner was held to give out honors to people in film. Pitt and his pal George Clooney each received a trophy. "I'm just glad George is going to be around because there's no one more fun," said Pitt backstage, after he was presented with the Desert Palm Achievement award for his work in "Moneyball" and "The Tree of Life".
More Brad Pitt News
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Feud With Adam Lambert: 'This Is Completely Entertainment'
- SISTAR Disbands After 7 Years, Members Pen Heartfelt Handwritten Letters to Fans
- Michael Jackson's Songs Are Reportedly Not Allowed to Be Featured in 'Bubbles'
- The Weeknd Buys $18 Million Luxurious House. Will Selena Gomez Move In?
- Celine Dion and Cher Reportedly Feuding at BBMAs