'Inferno: A Linda Lovelace Story' Close to Cast Adam Goldberg as Male Porn Star
Hot on the heels of Demi Moore's casting for "Lovelace", it is now reported that Adam Goldberg is close to land a role in a rival Linda Lovelace biopic, "Inferno: A Linda Lovelace Story". The "Norman" actor is in final talks to star as male porn star Harry Reems in the Matthew Wilder-directed film.
According to Variety, Adam is expected to play Linda's co-star in her famous adult film "Deep Throat". Should he join the film, he will star opposite Malin Akerman who replaced Lindsay Lohan in tackling the titular role.
Based on the 1980 memoir "Ordeal: An Autobiography", which Linda wrote with Mike McGrady, "Inferno" tells the story of the adult film legend, who starred the in 1972 film "Deep Throat" and eventually became an advocate against the porn industry.
While Akerman is set to play the female lead, Matt Dillon is cast as her abusive husband Chuck Traynor. The biopic is also supported by "Boardwalk Empire" star Paz de la Huerta, former porn star Sasha Grey and "Lost" actor Harold Perrineau.
"Inferno" is scheduled to kick off filming early February in Louisiana. The biopic is due to open in the U.S. theaters sometime in 2013.
Meanwhile, its competing film "Lovelace" has began the production since December 2011 and is expected to be released nationwide sometime this year. The rival movie has Amanda Seyfried, Peter Sarsgaard, Juno Temple, Hank Azaria, Sharon Stone, Wes Bentley, Adam Brody and James Franco lining up in the cast ensemble.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special