Demi Moore to Play Feminist Gloria Steinem in Linda Lovelace Biopic
Demi Moore has become the latest actress to be linked to Linda Lovelace biopic called "Lovelace". Variety reported that the 49-year-old actress is set to make a cameo as the iconic feminist and political activist Gloria Steinem in the upcoming movie.
Steinem was the founder of Ms. Magazine, which published the infamous article "The Real Linda Lovelace" that revealed Linda's relationship with her abusive husband Chuck Traynor. Steinem also wrote "Out of Bondage", an introduction for Linda's 1986 memoir.
Along with Demi, actors Adam Brody and Eric Roberts have also been tapped to star in the film. Adam is cast as Linda's co-star in her famous porn film "Deep Throat", while Eric is set to play Nat Laurendi, a lie detector expert who tests Linda at the request of her publisher.
Directed by Rob Epstein and Jeffrey Friedman, "Lovelace" follows the life story of Linda, who was just a schoolgirl in Florida before she met and married Chuck, who transformed her into the world's most famous porn star. She is famously known for starring in a 1972 hardcore porn movie "Deep Throat", which was one of the highest grossing independent films of all time.
Amanda Seyfried has been cast as the iconic adult movie star, with Peter Sarsgaard playing her husband Chuck. The two are joined by Sharon Stone, Juno Temple, Wes Bentley, Hank Azaria, Bobby Cannavale, Chris Noth and Robert Patrick. Additionally, James Franco is set to make a cameo as Playboy kingpin Hugh Hefner.
"Lovelace" is one of two Linda Lovelace biopics that are currently being developed. Filmmaker Matthew Wilder is working on "Inferno: A Linda Lovelace Story", which is due to open in the U.S. theaters sometime in 2013. The rival movie has locked Malin Akerman to tackle the female lead.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences