Elizabeth Banks Admits It Wasn't Easy Deciding to Pursue Surrogacy
Elizabeth Banks is opening up about using a surrogate to have a child of her own. The "What to Expect When You're Expecting" actress reveals in the February issue of Lucky magazine that she and husband Max Handelman turned to the option because of her womb issue, explaining, "Embryos wouldn't implant."
While she's grateful about her surrogacy experience, the 37-year-old beauty revealed it wasn't easy making the decision. "It's a big leap, inviting this person into your life to do this amazing, important thing for you," she said. "And it's hard losing that kind of control. But our surrogate is so extraordinary, and she's still in our lives. She's like an auntie."
Banks and Handelman welcomed their first son, Felix, in March 2011. Though her boy is still 9 months old, she already plans to go skydiving together with him when he is 15. "I mean, the guy is fierce and fearless, and I'm hoping he stays that way," she gushes. "Because I want to be that mom. The one who takes her kid skydiving."
Family aside, Banks will be seen portraying Effie Trinket in "The Hunger Games", when the movie opens wide in U.S. theaters on March 23. Speaking of the voice she gives to the character, she explains, "It's based on my heroes, Rosalind Russell in 'Auntie Mame' and Katharine Hepburn in 'The Philadelphia Story'."
More Elizabeth Banks News
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Kenny Pitted Against Lee in Two-on-One Date
- Report: Chris Brown and Quavo's Feud Is Far From Over
- 'Marvel's Inhumans' Gets TV Premiere Date. See New Stunning Poster!
- 'Bachelor in Paradise': DeMario Details Wild Night With Corinne in First Interview Post-Scandal
- Remy Ma 'Ecstatic' After Breaking Nicki Minaj's Winning Streak at BET Awards
- 'Castle Rock' Casts Jane Levy and Sissy Spacek
- Danielle Panabaker and Hayes Robbins Tie the Knot - See the Pic
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring