Elizabeth Banks Admits It Wasn't Easy Deciding to Pursue Surrogacy
Elizabeth Banks is opening up about using a surrogate to have a child of her own. The "What to Expect When You're Expecting" actress reveals in the February issue of Lucky magazine that she and husband Max Handelman turned to the option because of her womb issue, explaining, "Embryos wouldn't implant."
While she's grateful about her surrogacy experience, the 37-year-old beauty revealed it wasn't easy making the decision. "It's a big leap, inviting this person into your life to do this amazing, important thing for you," she said. "And it's hard losing that kind of control. But our surrogate is so extraordinary, and she's still in our lives. She's like an auntie."
Banks and Handelman welcomed their first son, Felix, in March 2011. Though her boy is still 9 months old, she already plans to go skydiving together with him when he is 15. "I mean, the guy is fierce and fearless, and I'm hoping he stays that way," she gushes. "Because I want to be that mom. The one who takes her kid skydiving."
Family aside, Banks will be seen portraying Effie Trinket in "The Hunger Games", when the movie opens wide in U.S. theaters on March 23. Speaking of the voice she gives to the character, she explains, "It's based on my heroes, Rosalind Russell in 'Auntie Mame' and Katharine Hepburn in 'The Philadelphia Story'."
More Elizabeth Banks News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!