Elizabeth Banks Becomes Mother of Baby Boy via Surrogate
Elizabeth Banks has just delivered one surprising yet happy news. The Avery Jessup of "30 Rock" announced on her blog on Wednesday, March 30 that she and her husband Max Handelman have become proud parents of a baby boy, revealing further that their first son was born through a gestational surrogate.
"I have been very fortunate in life both professionally and personally," the 37-year-old actress wrote in the opening of her posting. "I have had untold number of opportunities to work with inspiring people, on great projects as an actress, and I have had a fantastic long term relationship of nearly 20 years with my now husband, Max."
The "W" beauty went on to share, "The one true hurdle I've faced in life is that I have a broken belly. After years of trying to get pregnant, exploring the range of fertility treatments, all unsuccessful, our journey led us to gestational surrogacy: we make a 'baby cake' and bake it in another woman's 'oven'."
"From that came two miracles," she continued. "The first was meeting our carrier and her husband who were truly humbling in their decency and generosity. And the second miracle was the birth of our baby boy, Felix Handelman. Felix means 'happy' and 'lucky' in Latin. And true to his name, Felix is a very happy baby and a blessing on our life."
Near the end of the posting, Elizabeth, who married Max on July 5, 2003, wrote, "We have maintained a great deal of privacy throughout this process, and hope to continue to honor Felix's privacy going forward. Thanks to all our friends, family, and fans for your support." She concluded with, "If you need me, I'll be changing dirty diapers and trying to get some sleep."
More Elizabeth Banks News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked