David Letterman's Blackmailer Hired as Producer for Paula Zahn's Show
Joe Halderman, whose TV world fell apart after he went to jail for trying to extort $2 million from David Letterman, has landed a gig on Investigation Discovery's "On the Case with Paula Zahn". The former producer of "48 Hours" has already started working on the newsmagazine, helping craft and fine-tune stories produced by the team.
"With the network's prior approval, the team has brought Halderman on as a producer for 'On the Case'," stated "On the Case" executive producer Scott Weinberger who admitted that they were impressed with Halderman's "professional accomplishments" as an Emmy award-winning producer for "48 Hours" and CBS News. "We are confident that Halderman will make significant contributions to the success of our award-winning investigative newsmagazine."
Halderman's name will possibly appear in the credits before "On the Case" wraps its current season next month. The show airs every Sunday at 10 P.M.
In 2009, Halderman threatened to expose Letterman's affair with his "Late Show" staff member Stephanie Birkitt. He was sentenced to six months in jail in 2010 after entering guilty plea in the extortion case, and was released after serving four months behind bars.
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'