David Letterman's Blackmailer Hired as Producer for Paula Zahn's Show
Joe Halderman, whose TV world fell apart after he went to jail for trying to extort $2 million from David Letterman, has landed a gig on Investigation Discovery's "On the Case with Paula Zahn". The former producer of "48 Hours" has already started working on the newsmagazine, helping craft and fine-tune stories produced by the team.
"With the network's prior approval, the team has brought Halderman on as a producer for 'On the Case'," stated "On the Case" executive producer Scott Weinberger who admitted that they were impressed with Halderman's "professional accomplishments" as an Emmy award-winning producer for "48 Hours" and CBS News. "We are confident that Halderman will make significant contributions to the success of our award-winning investigative newsmagazine."
Halderman's name will possibly appear in the credits before "On the Case" wraps its current season next month. The show airs every Sunday at 10 P.M.
In 2009, Halderman threatened to expose Letterman's affair with his "Late Show" staff member Stephanie Birkitt. He was sentenced to six months in jail in 2010 after entering guilty plea in the extortion case, and was released after serving four months behind bars.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie