David Letterman's Blackmailer Hired as Producer for Paula Zahn's Show
Joe Halderman, whose TV world fell apart after he went to jail for trying to extort $2 million from David Letterman, has landed a gig on Investigation Discovery's "On the Case with Paula Zahn". The former producer of "48 Hours" has already started working on the newsmagazine, helping craft and fine-tune stories produced by the team.
"With the network's prior approval, the team has brought Halderman on as a producer for 'On the Case'," stated "On the Case" executive producer Scott Weinberger who admitted that they were impressed with Halderman's "professional accomplishments" as an Emmy award-winning producer for "48 Hours" and CBS News. "We are confident that Halderman will make significant contributions to the success of our award-winning investigative newsmagazine."
Halderman's name will possibly appear in the credits before "On the Case" wraps its current season next month. The show airs every Sunday at 10 P.M.
In 2009, Halderman threatened to expose Letterman's affair with his "Late Show" staff member Stephanie Birkitt. He was sentenced to six months in jail in 2010 after entering guilty plea in the extortion case, and was released after serving four months behind bars.
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'