David Letterman's Blackmailer Hired as Producer for Paula Zahn's Show
Joe Halderman, whose TV world fell apart after he went to jail for trying to extort $2 million from David Letterman, has landed a gig on Investigation Discovery's "On the Case with Paula Zahn". The former producer of "48 Hours" has already started working on the newsmagazine, helping craft and fine-tune stories produced by the team.
"With the network's prior approval, the team has brought Halderman on as a producer for 'On the Case'," stated "On the Case" executive producer Scott Weinberger who admitted that they were impressed with Halderman's "professional accomplishments" as an Emmy award-winning producer for "48 Hours" and CBS News. "We are confident that Halderman will make significant contributions to the success of our award-winning investigative newsmagazine."
Halderman's name will possibly appear in the credits before "On the Case" wraps its current season next month. The show airs every Sunday at 10 P.M.
In 2009, Halderman threatened to expose Letterman's affair with his "Late Show" staff member Stephanie Birkitt. He was sentenced to six months in jail in 2010 after entering guilty plea in the extortion case, and was released after serving four months behind bars.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri