David Letterman's Blackmailer Hired as Producer for Paula Zahn's Show
Joe Halderman, whose TV world fell apart after he went to jail for trying to extort $2 million from David Letterman, has landed a gig on Investigation Discovery's "On the Case with Paula Zahn". The former producer of "48 Hours" has already started working on the newsmagazine, helping craft and fine-tune stories produced by the team.
"With the network's prior approval, the team has brought Halderman on as a producer for 'On the Case'," stated "On the Case" executive producer Scott Weinberger who admitted that they were impressed with Halderman's "professional accomplishments" as an Emmy award-winning producer for "48 Hours" and CBS News. "We are confident that Halderman will make significant contributions to the success of our award-winning investigative newsmagazine."
Halderman's name will possibly appear in the credits before "On the Case" wraps its current season next month. The show airs every Sunday at 10 P.M.
In 2009, Halderman threatened to expose Letterman's affair with his "Late Show" staff member Stephanie Birkitt. He was sentenced to six months in jail in 2010 after entering guilty plea in the extortion case, and was released after serving four months behind bars.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'