Michael Jordan Gets Engaged to Girlfriend of Three Years
Another famous figure has brought forth another news of engagement. After Matthew McConaughey and John Legend, former Chicago Bulls star Michael Jordan shared with the world that he has gotten engaged to girlfriend of three years Yvette Prieto over the Christmas weekend.
Estee R. Portnoy, a publicist for Jordan, confirmed the happy news on Thursday, December 29. Earlier the same day, CNN affiliate WCNC reported that the Charlotte Bobcats majority owner popped the question to his Cuban-American model girlfriend on Christmas Day. No wedding date has been set just yet.
This will be Jordan's second marriage. The 48-year-old former athlete previously tied the knot with Juanita Vanoy in September 1989. After 17 years of marriage, the two divorced in 2006. From the union, Jordan has three children; 23-year-old Jeffrey Michael, 21-year-old Marcus James and 19-year-old Jasmine.
McConaughey, in the meantime, asked longtime girlfriend Camila Alves to marry him on Christmas Day. He shared the news on Twitter, posting a photo of them kissing and wrote, "Just asked Camila to marry me." Legend also got engaged over the holidays. The "Ordinary People" singer proposed to model Christine Teigen while vacationing in the Maldives.
More Michael Jordan News
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves
- Stan Lee Supports Zendaya to Portray Mary Jane in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston Bring Thor and Loki to Children Hospital in Australia
- Kendall Jenner Flaunts Her Booty in Unpublished Vogue Pic
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.10 Preview: The Kidnapper Gets Attacked
- Iggy Azalea Hits Recording Studio With Verse Simmonds