Michael Jordan Gets Engaged to Girlfriend of Three Years
Another famous figure has brought forth another news of engagement. After Matthew McConaughey and John Legend, former Chicago Bulls star Michael Jordan shared with the world that he has gotten engaged to girlfriend of three years Yvette Prieto over the Christmas weekend.
Estee R. Portnoy, a publicist for Jordan, confirmed the happy news on Thursday, December 29. Earlier the same day, CNN affiliate WCNC reported that the Charlotte Bobcats majority owner popped the question to his Cuban-American model girlfriend on Christmas Day. No wedding date has been set just yet.
This will be Jordan's second marriage. The 48-year-old former athlete previously tied the knot with Juanita Vanoy in September 1989. After 17 years of marriage, the two divorced in 2006. From the union, Jordan has three children; 23-year-old Jeffrey Michael, 21-year-old Marcus James and 19-year-old Jasmine.
McConaughey, in the meantime, asked longtime girlfriend Camila Alves to marry him on Christmas Day. He shared the news on Twitter, posting a photo of them kissing and wrote, "Just asked Camila to marry me." Legend also got engaged over the holidays. The "Ordinary People" singer proposed to model Christine Teigen while vacationing in the Maldives.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered