Michael Jordan Gets Engaged to Girlfriend of Three Years
Another famous figure has brought forth another news of engagement. After Matthew McConaughey and John Legend, former Chicago Bulls star Michael Jordan shared with the world that he has gotten engaged to girlfriend of three years Yvette Prieto over the Christmas weekend.
Estee R. Portnoy, a publicist for Jordan, confirmed the happy news on Thursday, December 29. Earlier the same day, CNN affiliate WCNC reported that the Charlotte Bobcats majority owner popped the question to his Cuban-American model girlfriend on Christmas Day. No wedding date has been set just yet.
This will be Jordan's second marriage. The 48-year-old former athlete previously tied the knot with Juanita Vanoy in September 1989. After 17 years of marriage, the two divorced in 2006. From the union, Jordan has three children; 23-year-old Jeffrey Michael, 21-year-old Marcus James and 19-year-old Jasmine.
McConaughey, in the meantime, asked longtime girlfriend Camila Alves to marry him on Christmas Day. He shared the news on Twitter, posting a photo of them kissing and wrote, "Just asked Camila to marry me." Legend also got engaged over the holidays. The "Ordinary People" singer proposed to model Christine Teigen while vacationing in the Maldives.
More Michael Jordan News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'