Taylor Lautner Falls Victim to Fake Coming Out Cover Story
Taylor Lautner has just fallen victim to an Internet hoax. On Monday, December 26, an image of what seems to be PEOPLE's January 7, 2012 cover that boasts an exclusive about the "Twilight Saga" hunk coming out as gay surfaced on the web. It turned out, however, that it was a fake.
Quick to set the record straight was a representative for PEOPLE. Reaching out to Gossip Cop, the rep insisted that the cover with the "Out & Proud" headline is "absolutely fake." The site additionally noted that the sidebar boxes featuring Brad Pitt and Carnie Wilson is taken from the mag's May 2006 cover.
The purported cover features a solo photo of 19-year-old Lautner and proclaims, "Tired of rumors, the Twilight star opens up about his decision to finally come out." It also includes a quote supposedly from the "Abduction" star, "I'm more liberated, and happier than I've ever been."
After finding out that the cover was a fake one, producer Russell Simmons took to Twitter to share his thought. "Disappointed that people would joke about someone coming out about their sexuality," tweeted the former husband of Kimora Lee Simmons. "Let Taylor Lautner be whoever he wants to be..."
More Taylor Lautner News
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott 'Definitely Looked Like a Couple' at NBA Game
- Aaron Hernandez Asked to Share Prison Cell With Alleged Gay Lover
- 'Jurassic Park' Alum Jeff Goldblum Joins 'Jurassic World 2'
- 'The Voice' Live Top 12 Eliminations: Who Is the First to Get Sent Home?
- Justin Bieber Is Featured on DJ Khaled's Star-Studded Single 'I'm the One'
- Nicki Minaj's Getting Trolled for Blonde Bob Wig: 'I'm Tired of Being Bullied'
- Selena Gomez's '13 Reasons Why' Sparks Concerns Among School Officials and Health Experts
- Report: Taylor Swift and Harry Styles Getting Back Together