Taylor Lautner Falls Victim to Fake Coming Out Cover Story
Taylor Lautner has just fallen victim to an Internet hoax. On Monday, December 26, an image of what seems to be PEOPLE's January 7, 2012 cover that boasts an exclusive about the "Twilight Saga" hunk coming out as gay surfaced on the web. It turned out, however, that it was a fake.
Quick to set the record straight was a representative for PEOPLE. Reaching out to Gossip Cop, the rep insisted that the cover with the "Out & Proud" headline is "absolutely fake." The site additionally noted that the sidebar boxes featuring Brad Pitt and Carnie Wilson is taken from the mag's May 2006 cover.
The purported cover features a solo photo of 19-year-old Lautner and proclaims, "Tired of rumors, the Twilight star opens up about his decision to finally come out." It also includes a quote supposedly from the "Abduction" star, "I'm more liberated, and happier than I've ever been."
After finding out that the cover was a fake one, producer Russell Simmons took to Twitter to share his thought. "Disappointed that people would joke about someone coming out about their sexuality," tweeted the former husband of Kimora Lee Simmons. "Let Taylor Lautner be whoever he wants to be..."
More Taylor Lautner News
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly Had a Fight at Cannes
- Johnny Depp Looks Dispirited While Leaving His Hotel in Frankfurt
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Tops Memorial Day Box Office, 'Alice Through the Looking Glass' Bombs
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director