Jackie Mag Retracts Apology to Rihanna Over N-Word
Jackie magazine rescinds their apology to Rihanna over the words "N***a B***h". Publisher of the popular Dutch fashion magazine insisted that there is nothing wrong with the words because it was not about the singer but rather the interpretation of style.
Publisher Yves Gijrath said "[Editor-in-chief Eva Hoeke] presented it as a joke, but it most certainly was not a joke. It was an interpretation [of style]." He added, "She should have said, 'We did not realize this interpretation is such a touchy subject. We never meant any harm and offer our sincere and upright apologies'."
Hoeke stepped down from her position in the magazine after Rihanna blasted her on Twitter. "But because of all the fuss, Eva started to wiggle in all directions, and therefore we have come to the conclusion her credibility has been undermined," Gijrath said.
If previously Jackie wanted Rihanna to weigh in on the issue, the magazine now refuses to print a retraction in its next issue and "will not be silenced".
More Rihanna News
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion