Jackie Mag Retracts Apology to Rihanna Over N-Word
Jackie magazine rescinds their apology to Rihanna over the words "N***a B***h". Publisher of the popular Dutch fashion magazine insisted that there is nothing wrong with the words because it was not about the singer but rather the interpretation of style.
Publisher Yves Gijrath said "[Editor-in-chief Eva Hoeke] presented it as a joke, but it most certainly was not a joke. It was an interpretation [of style]." He added, "She should have said, 'We did not realize this interpretation is such a touchy subject. We never meant any harm and offer our sincere and upright apologies'."
Hoeke stepped down from her position in the magazine after Rihanna blasted her on Twitter. "But because of all the fuss, Eva started to wiggle in all directions, and therefore we have come to the conclusion her credibility has been undermined," Gijrath said.
If previously Jackie wanted Rihanna to weigh in on the issue, the magazine now refuses to print a retraction in its next issue and "will not be silenced".
More Rihanna News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March