Jackie Mag Retracts Apology to Rihanna Over N-Word
Jackie magazine rescinds their apology to Rihanna over the words "N***a B***h". Publisher of the popular Dutch fashion magazine insisted that there is nothing wrong with the words because it was not about the singer but rather the interpretation of style.
Publisher Yves Gijrath said "[Editor-in-chief Eva Hoeke] presented it as a joke, but it most certainly was not a joke. It was an interpretation [of style]." He added, "She should have said, 'We did not realize this interpretation is such a touchy subject. We never meant any harm and offer our sincere and upright apologies'."
Hoeke stepped down from her position in the magazine after Rihanna blasted her on Twitter. "But because of all the fuss, Eva started to wiggle in all directions, and therefore we have come to the conclusion her credibility has been undermined," Gijrath said.
If previously Jackie wanted Rihanna to weigh in on the issue, the magazine now refuses to print a retraction in its next issue and "will not be silenced".
More Rihanna News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen