Jackie Mag Retracts Apology to Rihanna Over N-Word
Jackie magazine rescinds their apology to Rihanna over the words "N***a B***h". Publisher of the popular Dutch fashion magazine insisted that there is nothing wrong with the words because it was not about the singer but rather the interpretation of style.
Publisher Yves Gijrath said "[Editor-in-chief Eva Hoeke] presented it as a joke, but it most certainly was not a joke. It was an interpretation [of style]." He added, "She should have said, 'We did not realize this interpretation is such a touchy subject. We never meant any harm and offer our sincere and upright apologies'."
Hoeke stepped down from her position in the magazine after Rihanna blasted her on Twitter. "But because of all the fuss, Eva started to wiggle in all directions, and therefore we have come to the conclusion her credibility has been undermined," Gijrath said.
If previously Jackie wanted Rihanna to weigh in on the issue, the magazine now refuses to print a retraction in its next issue and "will not be silenced".
More Rihanna News
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera