Jackie Mag Retracts Apology to Rihanna Over N-Word
Jackie magazine rescinds their apology to Rihanna over the words "N***a B***h". Publisher of the popular Dutch fashion magazine insisted that there is nothing wrong with the words because it was not about the singer but rather the interpretation of style.
Publisher Yves Gijrath said "[Editor-in-chief Eva Hoeke] presented it as a joke, but it most certainly was not a joke. It was an interpretation [of style]." He added, "She should have said, 'We did not realize this interpretation is such a touchy subject. We never meant any harm and offer our sincere and upright apologies'."
Hoeke stepped down from her position in the magazine after Rihanna blasted her on Twitter. "But because of all the fuss, Eva started to wiggle in all directions, and therefore we have come to the conclusion her credibility has been undermined," Gijrath said.
If previously Jackie wanted Rihanna to weigh in on the issue, the magazine now refuses to print a retraction in its next issue and "will not be silenced".
More Rihanna News
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage