'Terra Nova' Close to Sign Key Actors for Season 2 While Awaiting Renewal
Producers of "Terra Nova" are leaning towards a possibility of renewal. Although FOX has not picked up the show for a new season, people behind it are reported to have been moving to secure key actors, including Jason O'Mara and Stephen Lang, in preparation for production of season 2.
In addition, the producers are said to be in the hunt for high-level writers, who will join executive producers Brannon Braga and Rene Echevarria, as they are working on to improve the story. Meanwhile, the network's decision on whether or not it renews the series is expected to be announced in mid-January.
The prehistoric-set drama series' first season finale aired last Monday, December 19. The two-hour outing posted a 2.2 rating in adults 18-49 demo (up 5% from last week) and 7.2 million viewers (up 4%). It is believed that the show, which requires extensive post-production, might be ordered for 13 episodes in its second season, not 22 episodes like most other shows.
- 'Saturday Night Live' Taps Kristen Stewart as the Next Host
- Armie Hammer Responds to 'Green Lantern Corps' Rumor
- Big Sean Performs 'Bounce Back', Premieres 'Sunday Morning Jetpack' on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Louis Tomlinson Reunites With Briana Jungwirth to Celebrate Their Son's 1st Birthday
- Luke Bryan to Sing National Anthem at Super Bowl
- 'Veronica Mars' Boss Hints at Potential Revival
- Artist of the Week: Kehlani
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington