Paul McCartney's 'My Valentine' Is His Wedding Song to Nancy Shevell
One day after Paul McCartney's new song "My Valentine" was released, it's revealed that the love tune is actually the one which he sang to wife Nancy Shevell on their wedding day in October. According to the Mirror, the track was also played when they had their first dance as husband and wife.
The 69-year-old British musician croons about falling for Nancy over the sweet tinkling guitar sound. "As days and nights, would pass me by/ I tell myself that I was waiting for a sign/ Then she appeared, a love so fine, my valentine," he sings. "And I will love her for life, and I will never let a day go by without remembering the reasons why."
Talking about the love song which is going to be in his upcoming studio album, McCartney told Radio 6Music that it was an easy song to write because it bares his feelings. "There's one song on there(the album) called My Valentine, which just kind of popped out and wrote itself almost, and I thought 'that's nice'," he explained.
In addition to the "My Valentine" song, there is another new composition titled "Only Our Hearts" which is also expected to make the cut to McCartney's upcoming CD. The former member of The Beatles will additionally pay tribute to some "classic standards" he grew up listening to in his childhood.
In choosing which "standards" he picks to fill the album, McCartney thought it's was important "to keep away from the more obvious song choices." "So many of the classic standards will be unfamiliar to some people," he said. "I hope they are in for a pleasant surprise." The other treats he prepares for his fans are collaborations with Eric Clapton and Stevie Wonder.
More Paul McCartney News
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'