Paul McCartney's 'My Valentine' Is His Wedding Song to Nancy Shevell
One day after Paul McCartney's new song "My Valentine" was released, it's revealed that the love tune is actually the one which he sang to wife Nancy Shevell on their wedding day in October. According to the Mirror, the track was also played when they had their first dance as husband and wife.
The 69-year-old British musician croons about falling for Nancy over the sweet tinkling guitar sound. "As days and nights, would pass me by/ I tell myself that I was waiting for a sign/ Then she appeared, a love so fine, my valentine," he sings. "And I will love her for life, and I will never let a day go by without remembering the reasons why."
Talking about the love song which is going to be in his upcoming studio album, McCartney told Radio 6Music that it was an easy song to write because it bares his feelings. "There's one song on there(the album) called My Valentine, which just kind of popped out and wrote itself almost, and I thought 'that's nice'," he explained.
In addition to the "My Valentine" song, there is another new composition titled "Only Our Hearts" which is also expected to make the cut to McCartney's upcoming CD. The former member of The Beatles will additionally pay tribute to some "classic standards" he grew up listening to in his childhood.
In choosing which "standards" he picks to fill the album, McCartney thought it's was important "to keep away from the more obvious song choices." "So many of the classic standards will be unfamiliar to some people," he said. "I hope they are in for a pleasant surprise." The other treats he prepares for his fans are collaborations with Eric Clapton and Stevie Wonder.
More Paul McCartney News
- Topless Kim Kardashian and North West Are Included in New Kimojis. Get the Sneak Peeks
- Kylie Jenner and PARTYNEXTDOOR Spotted 'Making Out' at Drake's Party
- 'X-Men' Show 'Legion' Gets Series Order at FX. See the First Picture!
- Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood Welcomes Twins at Age 68
- Tyga's New Lady Demi Rose Tries to Copy Kylie Jenner by Wearing Similar Strappy Bikini
- Shawn Mendes Teases His Upcoming Album
- Kim Kardashian Visits Snapchat Office. See Some Exclusive Filters She Gets!
- Alicia Keys Goes Makeup Free, Pens Powerful Essay About Overcoming Her Insecurities