Pics: Katy Perry Gets Conservative at Second Perfume Launch
Katy Perry tones down her sexual appeal when launching her new perfume in Los Angeles. Attending a press conference for "Meow!" at Nordstrom in The Grove on Wednesday, December 14, the "E.T." hitmaker opted to show off a more conservative look by wearing a knee-length pink dress.
The pale satin dress Katy donned covered the top half of her body since it features a high neck with a large black pussy bow. Though so, it still manages to put the 27-year-old's curves on display and flaunt a little bit of skin with a split to mid thigh. The singer herself paired up the number with ornate black open toe shoes and set her blond hair in a bobbed style.
At the event, the Grammy-nominated singer rode on the old fashioned trolley, which goes travels at a slow pace on the mall's main street, and signed bottles of her new fragrance, which is a companion piece to her first scent, "Purr", for fans. She was also joined by "Extra!" host Mario Lopez and answered some questions.
Asked about her recent hair color change, the "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)" singer said, "I'm having fun with my hair colour because I was black-haired for 10 years. That was a long time, so I just decided to change things up, try new things and see what worked." She jokingly added, "Who knows? I'll probably have to shave my head one day because of all of it."
"Meow! by Katy Perry" will be available exclusively at Nordstrom stores nationwide this holiday season. Prices range from $45 for a 1.7-oz. bottle to $65 for a 3.4-oz. spray. About the scent that incorporates smells of pear, vanilla and honeysuckle, Katy told PEOPLE, "The first fragrance was more floral, by a long while, and this one is a lot more edible."
On the design of its cat-shaped bottle, the wife of Russell Brand explained, "I grew up going to flea markets, and all the vintage stores and the Rose Bowl in Los Angeles. I'd always look for milk glass - that beautiful, vintage milk glass that held candles, or salt and pepper. I definitely wanted to use it for Meow!"
More Katy Perry News
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl