Lady GaGa NOT Tapped to Play Amy Winehouse in Biopic
A few months after the death of Amy Winehouse, it has been rumored that a possible biopic for the late singer is underway with Lady GaGa taking on the lead role. However, the spinning report has now been slammed by Amy's father, Mitch Winehouse.
Taking to his Twitter account on Tuesday, December 13, Mitch shot down the rumor by writing, "I never said Lady GaGa will play Amy in film." He added, "Also Amy's room not a shrine. Wot a load of rubbish."
The report that GaGa might star in the untitled Amy Winehouse biopic was first reported by Mirror which claimed that Mitch gave his blessing for the eccentric "Born This Way" singer to play his late daughter. The tabloid even reported that Mitch said GaGa "would be great" in portraying the "Rehab" hitmaker.
In related news, it has recently been reported that Mitch insisted he would never let Amy's life story to be adapted in a feature film. "It would hardly be a biopic without the music and we'd never allow the songs to be released," he said in an interview with Daily Mail.
However, Mitch's spokesperson has clarified the statement to Entertainment Weekly, saying that Mitch would consider allowing his daughter music to be featured in a biopic. The rep said, "Mitch and the family would entertain ideas perhaps for a film but only one they were sure would tell the truth."
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Showrunner Will Exit After Season 3
- Joanna Krupa Goes Completely Nude on Instagram - See the Racy Pic
- Colin Farrell Joins Tim Burton's 'Dumbo' live-Action Movie
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way