Lady GaGa NOT Tapped to Play Amy Winehouse in Biopic
A few months after the death of Amy Winehouse, it has been rumored that a possible biopic for the late singer is underway with Lady GaGa taking on the lead role. However, the spinning report has now been slammed by Amy's father, Mitch Winehouse.
Taking to his Twitter account on Tuesday, December 13, Mitch shot down the rumor by writing, "I never said Lady GaGa will play Amy in film." He added, "Also Amy's room not a shrine. Wot a load of rubbish."
The report that GaGa might star in the untitled Amy Winehouse biopic was first reported by Mirror which claimed that Mitch gave his blessing for the eccentric "Born This Way" singer to play his late daughter. The tabloid even reported that Mitch said GaGa "would be great" in portraying the "Rehab" hitmaker.
In related news, it has recently been reported that Mitch insisted he would never let Amy's life story to be adapted in a feature film. "It would hardly be a biopic without the music and we'd never allow the songs to be released," he said in an interview with Daily Mail.
However, Mitch's spokesperson has clarified the statement to Entertainment Weekly, saying that Mitch would consider allowing his daughter music to be featured in a biopic. The rep said, "Mitch and the family would entertain ideas perhaps for a film but only one they were sure would tell the truth."
- Chris Pratt Name Drops Jennifer Lawrence in Christmas-Themed Mad Lib Theater With Jimmy Fallon
- Drake and Aaliyah's Posthumous Collaboration 'Talk Is Cheap' Surfaces Online
- Tom Hanks Puts Emma Watson in Danger in 'The Circle' Teaser Trailer
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Her Curves in Peek-a-Boo Dress After Christmas Concert With Bryan Tanaka
- Watch Fiona Apple Sing Anti-Donald Trump Christmas Carol
- Sofia Vergara Gets Sued by Her Own Embryos as Legal Battle With Ex Continues
- Watch Shawn Mendes Cover Drake's 'Fake Love' on 'Live Lounge'
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Expecting First Child With Wife Joana Pak