Lady GaGa NOT Tapped to Play Amy Winehouse in Biopic
A few months after the death of Amy Winehouse, it has been rumored that a possible biopic for the late singer is underway with Lady GaGa taking on the lead role. However, the spinning report has now been slammed by Amy's father, Mitch Winehouse.
Taking to his Twitter account on Tuesday, December 13, Mitch shot down the rumor by writing, "I never said Lady GaGa will play Amy in film." He added, "Also Amy's room not a shrine. Wot a load of rubbish."
The report that GaGa might star in the untitled Amy Winehouse biopic was first reported by Mirror which claimed that Mitch gave his blessing for the eccentric "Born This Way" singer to play his late daughter. The tabloid even reported that Mitch said GaGa "would be great" in portraying the "Rehab" hitmaker.
In related news, it has recently been reported that Mitch insisted he would never let Amy's life story to be adapted in a feature film. "It would hardly be a biopic without the music and we'd never allow the songs to be released," he said in an interview with Daily Mail.
However, Mitch's spokesperson has clarified the statement to Entertainment Weekly, saying that Mitch would consider allowing his daughter music to be featured in a biopic. The rep said, "Mitch and the family would entertain ideas perhaps for a film but only one they were sure would tell the truth."
- Watch Fifth Harmony Bring Out Ty Dolla $ign for Mini Concert on 'Today' Show
- Get First Images and Details of 'Cars 3'
- Will There Be More 'Matrix' Movies? Here's What Joel Silver Says
- Topher Grace Marries Fiancee Ashley Hinshaw in Private Ceremony
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Proposals and Villain Already in Week 2
- Katy Perry's Twitter Account Is Hacked, Posts Tweet About Taylor Swift
- Why Cyclops Should Be the Leader of the Next 'X-Men' Franchise
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song