Bon Jovi, Foo Fighters and Blink-182 to Headline Bamboozle 2012
The headliners for the upcoming Bamboozle music festival, which will be held in spring 2012, have been officially announced. The organizers revealed on December 13 that they have recruited three established bands Bon Jovi, Foo Fighters and Blink-182 as the acts to do the honor in helping celebrate 10th anniversary of the annual music festivity.
When Bamboozle was first held in 2003, it took place at Asbury Park in New Jersey. Now in its 10th year, the gig will return to its original home for a three-day concert which will take place from May 18 - 20. This year will mark Blink's debut at the event, which featured breakout music acts like Paramore, My Chemical Romance and Fall Out Boy in the past years.
"This year's bill of headliners is truly one of the most exciting. It's an honor and very fitting to have New Jersey's own Bon Jove headline as The Bamboozle celebrates its 10th anniversary. Bringing headliners, the Food Fighters to the North Beach in Asbury Park is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Their performance will be nothing short of epic," said Live Nation VP John D'Esposito.
Commenting on Bamboozle's return to the North Beach Asbury Park, D'Esposito gushed, "For the 10th anniversary, it was important to create an event that would leave a lasting impression. In order to do that we had to go back to where the seed had been planted, Asbury Park." Last year, it was held at the new Meadowlands Sports Complex in East Rutherford, New Jersey.
2012 Bamboozle is expected to be a star-studded spectacle just like in the previous years. It is going to feature more than 100 musical acts which will be announced in the coming weeks. Tickets for the decade-old festival will go on sale starting December 17.
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Wants to Adopt Baby With British Boyfriend
- Back at It! Natalie Portman Returns to Work After Giving Birth to Daughter Amalia
- Cara Delevingne Sports Bald Head on 'Life in a Year' Filming Set
- Elton John Cancels Entire Las Vegas Shows Due to 'Unusual Bacterial Infection'
- Finding 'Comfort,' Brad Pitt Plans to Buy New Place in L.A. Arts District After Angelina Jolie Split
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Jesse Williams and Wife Split After Nearly 5 Years of Marriage
- Hollywood Writers Authorize a Strike. Will It Repeat the 2007 WGA Strike?
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner