Brooke Mueller Decides to Go With Long-Term, In-Patient Rehab
Brooke Mueller is seeking help in a treatment facility after all. After announcing the 34-year-old's decision to undergo an outpatient treatment on Monday, December 12, her representative came out with an update the next day, revealing that the ex-wife of Charlie Sheen has checked herself into rehab for a long-term, in-patient treatment.
"After further reflection and consideration, Brooke has decided to remove herself from the media spotlight and has entered a long-term inpatient treatment center where she can focus on her recovery without distraction," said Steve Honig in a statement released to the press. "She has already arrived at the facility and, out of respect for her privacy, no further information will be released about her treatment."
"Brooke's goal is to maintain her sobriety and she believes this is the best option to reach that goal," Steve further stressed. He also noted that the mother of twin boys, Bob and Max, will "retain custody of the children, who will remain in their home and familiar surroundings and be under the care of their longtime nanny."
Steve additionally stated that Paris Hilton's co-star on "The World According to Paris" has got the full support from her ex-husband, Charlie, and her parents on her decision to enter rehab. The representative added, "Everyone recognizes the importance of maintaining the children's normal routine."
Earlier on Monday, Steve informed the press that Brooke is to take on outpatient care for her substance abuse problems. "Recognizing past attempts at treatment have not been successful, Brooke has decided to take a different approach to deal with her addiction," he at the time announced in a statement.
"Brooke will be participating in a program during the day, and will be under expert supervision 24 hours a day, seven days a week," he additionally explained. "In addition, Brooke has requested to be tested on a daily basis for cocaine and other illegal substances so there is no doubt as to her commitment."
Brooke herself has agreed to enter rehab after she got arrested for cocaine possession and assault on Friday, December 2 night. It isn't her first time seeking treatment to deal with her drug and drink problems though. She has just completed a 45-day outpatient rehab program back in July.
- Bella Thorne Gets Nipple Piercing, Shares Naked Photo
- Is Drake Cheating on J.Lo With This Porn Star in Amsterdam?
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci