Miley, Ke$ha, Adele and More Artists' Cover of Bob Dylan's Songs Streamed
"Chimes of Freedom: The Songs of Bob Dylan", which features over 70 artists, has begun streaming on the Facebook page of Amnesty International. The compilation has new cover versions of the legend's catalog from various artists such as Miley Cyrus, Adele, Pete Seeger, Maroon 5, Evan Rachel Wood, Sugarland and Darren Criss.
Aside from Dylan's original 1964 rendition of "Chimes of Freedom", all of the songs will be new recordings. Adele, Sugarland, My Chemical Romance, Dierks Bentley, Dave Matthews Band and Marianne Faithfull recorded their covers live.
Ke$ha in particular went emotional when singing her version of Dylan's 1963 "Don't Think Twice, It's Alright". She told Rolling Stone, "And there were particular lyrics in the song that you can just tell, once they came out of my mouth - the emotion caught up with me and I just started weeping. It's something that I didn't plan on, that wasn't contrived at all. It just sort of happened." The same song was covered by Kronos Quartet for its instrumental version.
The album will be a four-CD collection to be released on January 24. Honoring 50 years of Amnesty International, it will benefit the human rights organization. The streaming on Facebook would be available for only 24 hours beginning Saturday, December 10 morning.
More Bob Dylan News
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl