Miley, Ke$ha, Adele and More Artists' Cover of Bob Dylan's Songs Streamed
"Chimes of Freedom: The Songs of Bob Dylan", which features over 70 artists, has begun streaming on the Facebook page of Amnesty International. The compilation has new cover versions of the legend's catalog from various artists such as Miley Cyrus, Adele, Pete Seeger, Maroon 5, Evan Rachel Wood, Sugarland and Darren Criss.
Aside from Dylan's original 1964 rendition of "Chimes of Freedom", all of the songs will be new recordings. Adele, Sugarland, My Chemical Romance, Dierks Bentley, Dave Matthews Band and Marianne Faithfull recorded their covers live.
Ke$ha in particular went emotional when singing her version of Dylan's 1963 "Don't Think Twice, It's Alright". She told Rolling Stone, "And there were particular lyrics in the song that you can just tell, once they came out of my mouth - the emotion caught up with me and I just started weeping. It's something that I didn't plan on, that wasn't contrived at all. It just sort of happened." The same song was covered by Kronos Quartet for its instrumental version.
The album will be a four-CD collection to be released on January 24. Honoring 50 years of Amnesty International, it will benefit the human rights organization. The streaming on Facebook would be available for only 24 hours beginning Saturday, December 10 morning.
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Step Out for Romantic Dinner Amid Divorce Rumors
- 'Scandal' to Tackle Alt-Reality Theme in 100th Episode. Get the First Look!
- 'Punisher': New Set Photos Reveal Major Cast Addition
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other