Sinead O'Connor Marries Therapist Fiance in the Back of Pink Cadillac
Sinead O'Connor has got herself a non-traditional wedding in Las Vegas. The Irish singer tied the knot for the fourth time on the same day she turned 45, saying her "I do" to therapist fiance Barry Herridge from the back of a pink Cadillac. One source told PEOPLE, "She wanted to do the whole thing in a Cadillac. That was her thing."
Offering more details, the publication reported that Sinead and Barry arrived at A Little White Wedding Chapel at around 7 P.M. on Thursday, December 8 after filling out paperwork. The "Nothing Compares 2 U" hitmaker reportedly "cried during the vows and had to wipe her eyes." As for her wedding dress, she opted to wear a pink, low-cut dress that exposes her tattoos.
Before jetting out to the Sin City, Sinead told the Irish Independent about her plan to have a "drive-thru" wedding. Having said she and Barry "wanted a proper rock 'n' roll wedding," she added, "I've been married before, but I've never had my dream wedding in Vegas. I wanted to do it there because it's casual, quick, not religious and, most of all, very romantic."
Sinead got to know Barry through an online campaign in late August, in which the singer looked for one man to go on a date with and asked potential suitors to apply via e-mail. Of the reply she got from the 38-year-old, the mother of four said, "Barry sent me this wonderful email, which just took my heart away. It had to be him."
Sinead, who announced her impending nuptials on a blog post dated December 7, went on to share that Barry proposed to her not long after their first meeting. "I had no intention of getting married again but Barry was extremely persuasive," she spilled. "He proposed to me on every single date we have had since August. He is extremely persuasive - and other unprintable things."
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing
- Listen to The Weeknd and Cashmere Cat's 'Wild Love' Collab
- Robert Zemeckis Developing Noah's Ark in Space for NBC
- Kylie Jenner Flashes Her Bra Like Kendall After Denying Boob Job Rumors
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Put Their Wedding on Hold. Find Out Why!
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win