Sinead O'Connor Marries Therapist Fiance in the Back of Pink Cadillac
Sinead O'Connor has got herself a non-traditional wedding in Las Vegas. The Irish singer tied the knot for the fourth time on the same day she turned 45, saying her "I do" to therapist fiance Barry Herridge from the back of a pink Cadillac. One source told PEOPLE, "She wanted to do the whole thing in a Cadillac. That was her thing."
Offering more details, the publication reported that Sinead and Barry arrived at A Little White Wedding Chapel at around 7 P.M. on Thursday, December 8 after filling out paperwork. The "Nothing Compares 2 U" hitmaker reportedly "cried during the vows and had to wipe her eyes." As for her wedding dress, she opted to wear a pink, low-cut dress that exposes her tattoos.
Before jetting out to the Sin City, Sinead told the Irish Independent about her plan to have a "drive-thru" wedding. Having said she and Barry "wanted a proper rock 'n' roll wedding," she added, "I've been married before, but I've never had my dream wedding in Vegas. I wanted to do it there because it's casual, quick, not religious and, most of all, very romantic."
Sinead got to know Barry through an online campaign in late August, in which the singer looked for one man to go on a date with and asked potential suitors to apply via e-mail. Of the reply she got from the 38-year-old, the mother of four said, "Barry sent me this wonderful email, which just took my heart away. It had to be him."
Sinead, who announced her impending nuptials on a blog post dated December 7, went on to share that Barry proposed to her not long after their first meeting. "I had no intention of getting married again but Barry was extremely persuasive," she spilled. "He proposed to me on every single date we have had since August. He is extremely persuasive - and other unprintable things."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce