Guns N' Roses, RHCP and Beastie Boys Inducted Into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Out of 15 nominees, 6 music acts which will be inducted into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for class of 2012 have been chosen. Three of them are Guns N' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Beastie Boys. They are joined by Laura Nyro, The Small Faces and Donovan.
It's a year to celebrate for the Beastie boys and RHCP because after being nominated in the previous years, both of the groups finally make to to the list. The Adam "MCA" Yauch band were nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2007 and 2008, while the Anthony Kiedis group got the nod in 2009.
"It's very emotional, and I'm not sure where the emotions are coming from," Flea told LA Times. Having been through a lot including mourning the death of founding lead guitarist Hillel Slovak, during their almost-3-decade career, he went on, "I feel grateful for the recognition of what we have done and for the hope and potential of what we'll continue to do."
Still, Flea voiced his concern, "I can never claim to understand how anything of that works. I think of some of the most important artists in the history of music who aren't in, and it can make me feel like 'That's ridiculous.' Nick Cave - he isn't in, is he? He's the greatest songwriter on Earth in the rock world, besides Neil Young, as far as I'm concerned."
"But I'm really grateful for it," the bassist added. "It makes me reflective about our career ... all the things we've been through, the love we've shared and how we've stuck to this thing. I feel choked up." He commented on the other inductees, "It's really cool to be going in with the Beastie Boys, who I love, and Guns."
In receiving the honor, RHCP and the other inductees pushed aside such nominees as The Cure, Eric B. & Rakim, Heart, Joan Jett & The Blackhearts, Freddie King, Rufus with Chaka Khan, The Spinners, Donna Summer and War.
To be considered for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, an individual artist or band "must have released its first single or album at least 25 years prior to the year of nomination." Winners for 2012 nominees are going to be honored at its 27th annual induction ceremony on April 14 next year in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'
- Watch Lady GaGa Crowd Surf at Final 'Dive Bar Tour' Show
- Take a Look at Explosive New Trailer for 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
- Kate Beckinsale's Obsession With Penis Landed Her Daughter in Trouble at School
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'