Video: Kanye West Takes the Blame for Grammy Album of the Year Snub
While other stars took to Twitter to share their joy or express their disappointment over nomination list of 54th annual Grammy Awards, Kanye West made his speech during his concert at Chicago's United Center on December 1. He acknowledged the nods and blamed no one but himself for missing Album of the Year nomination.
"Something I figured out early today," Kanye told the crowd of the 7 nods he receives for the upcoming awards show. "Because you know, everybody came up to me last night like, 'Congratulations!' because you know I'm leading the Grammy nominations this year. Like we always do it this time."
The rap mogul went on, "But, people focus, they say 'You ain't got Album of the Year or Record of the Year.' But I figured out, that's my fault for dropping 'Watch the Throne' and 'Dark Fantasy' the same year. I should have just spaced it out a little bit more." He added, "But don't worry, because me and Hov gon' keep on making s**t."
Kanye dominates this year's nomination pack, leading the list which is filled with the likes of Adele, Rihanna, Lady GaGa and Bruno Mars. He is up for Song of the Year and Best Rap Sung/Collaboration ("All of the Lights"), as well as Best Rap Performance ("Otis" with Jay-Z).
Kanye seals his 7 nods by scoring double nominations in both Best Rap Song and Best Rap Album. He appears in the former category through "All of the Lights" and "Otis", and is listed in the latter field through his solo work "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" and his joint album with the Jiggaman "Watch the Throne".
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up