Video: Kanye West Takes the Blame for Grammy Album of the Year Snub
While other stars took to Twitter to share their joy or express their disappointment over nomination list of 54th annual Grammy Awards, Kanye West made his speech during his concert at Chicago's United Center on December 1. He acknowledged the nods and blamed no one but himself for missing Album of the Year nomination.
"Something I figured out early today," Kanye told the crowd of the 7 nods he receives for the upcoming awards show. "Because you know, everybody came up to me last night like, 'Congratulations!' because you know I'm leading the Grammy nominations this year. Like we always do it this time."
The rap mogul went on, "But, people focus, they say 'You ain't got Album of the Year or Record of the Year.' But I figured out, that's my fault for dropping 'Watch the Throne' and 'Dark Fantasy' the same year. I should have just spaced it out a little bit more." He added, "But don't worry, because me and Hov gon' keep on making s**t."
Kanye dominates this year's nomination pack, leading the list which is filled with the likes of Adele, Rihanna, Lady GaGa and Bruno Mars. He is up for Song of the Year and Best Rap Sung/Collaboration ("All of the Lights"), as well as Best Rap Performance ("Otis" with Jay-Z).
Kanye seals his 7 nods by scoring double nominations in both Best Rap Song and Best Rap Album. He appears in the former category through "All of the Lights" and "Otis", and is listed in the latter field through his solo work "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" and his joint album with the Jiggaman "Watch the Throne".
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'