Video: Kanye West Takes the Blame for Grammy Album of the Year Snub
While other stars took to Twitter to share their joy or express their disappointment over nomination list of 54th annual Grammy Awards, Kanye West made his speech during his concert at Chicago's United Center on December 1. He acknowledged the nods and blamed no one but himself for missing Album of the Year nomination.
"Something I figured out early today," Kanye told the crowd of the 7 nods he receives for the upcoming awards show. "Because you know, everybody came up to me last night like, 'Congratulations!' because you know I'm leading the Grammy nominations this year. Like we always do it this time."
The rap mogul went on, "But, people focus, they say 'You ain't got Album of the Year or Record of the Year.' But I figured out, that's my fault for dropping 'Watch the Throne' and 'Dark Fantasy' the same year. I should have just spaced it out a little bit more." He added, "But don't worry, because me and Hov gon' keep on making s**t."
Kanye dominates this year's nomination pack, leading the list which is filled with the likes of Adele, Rihanna, Lady GaGa and Bruno Mars. He is up for Song of the Year and Best Rap Sung/Collaboration ("All of the Lights"), as well as Best Rap Performance ("Otis" with Jay-Z).
Kanye seals his 7 nods by scoring double nominations in both Best Rap Song and Best Rap Album. He appears in the former category through "All of the Lights" and "Otis", and is listed in the latter field through his solo work "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" and his joint album with the Jiggaman "Watch the Throne".
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo