Audio Stream: Nicki Minaj Channels Her Alter Ego in 'Roman in Moscow'
Nicki Minaj unleashes her alter ego in her brand new single "Roman in Moscow". She throws her fierce lines right from the beginning, "I'm big bully know if I care/ I told you b***hes last year/ I'm a rap b***h nightmare/ That's why I call you buzz lightyear/ Cause by the time you start buzzin/ B***h you gon' have white hair."
"Y'all want the full roman?/ Ya'll want the full? B***hes is insane, these b***hes ain't in my lane/ Only b***hes in the plane, is b***hes that give me brain," Minaj taunts in the next expletive-laden rhymes. "Ain't no motherf**kin bridge b***h, Ain't no motherf**kin hook/ Ain't no motherf**kin' third motherf**kin verse/ Roman's back b***h."
Explaining what the title means, Minaj told MTV, "Well, he was there [in Moscow] secretly because [alter ego] Martha wanted him to go there, so they put him in this thing with monks and nuns; they were trying rehabilitate him." She added, "But I can't tell exactly what happened, you'll just see it in the video format, but let's just say he got out of there."
"Roman in Moscow" is the first official offering from Minaj's upcoming album "Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded". "#11 on HiP Hop itunes, #40 on Top 100!!!!! Thank u guys for the support!!!! Roman in Moscow," she tweeted before giving another update, "Now we're #10!!! HERON!!! This s**t is lethal! Roman. This is the sequel. Moscow. Dats whr I keep him! Until. He's fully charged!!!!"
"Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded" itself is set to be made available for purchase across the United States on February 14, 2012. "Pink Friday : ROMAN RELOADED will be released on Valentines Day, 2012. Heeeee's baaaacccckkkkk," she announced last month to celebrate the anniversary night of her chart-busting debut album "Pink Friday".
When attending 2011 Billboard's Women in Music Awards at Capitale in New York City on December 2, Minaj who was honored as the Rising Star spilled a few tidbits about the upcoming CD. The femcee told Robin Roberts that the new album is "so much fun from beginning to end" and will explore multiple genres. "It's ... grimy," she teased.
More Nicki Minaj News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences