Audio Stream: Nicki Minaj Channels Her Alter Ego in 'Roman in Moscow'
Nicki Minaj unleashes her alter ego in her brand new single "Roman in Moscow". She throws her fierce lines right from the beginning, "I'm big bully know if I care/ I told you b***hes last year/ I'm a rap b***h nightmare/ That's why I call you buzz lightyear/ Cause by the time you start buzzin/ B***h you gon' have white hair."
"Y'all want the full roman?/ Ya'll want the full? B***hes is insane, these b***hes ain't in my lane/ Only b***hes in the plane, is b***hes that give me brain," Minaj taunts in the next expletive-laden rhymes. "Ain't no motherf**kin bridge b***h, Ain't no motherf**kin hook/ Ain't no motherf**kin' third motherf**kin verse/ Roman's back b***h."
Explaining what the title means, Minaj told MTV, "Well, he was there [in Moscow] secretly because [alter ego] Martha wanted him to go there, so they put him in this thing with monks and nuns; they were trying rehabilitate him." She added, "But I can't tell exactly what happened, you'll just see it in the video format, but let's just say he got out of there."
"Roman in Moscow" is the first official offering from Minaj's upcoming album "Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded". "#11 on HiP Hop itunes, #40 on Top 100!!!!! Thank u guys for the support!!!! Roman in Moscow," she tweeted before giving another update, "Now we're #10!!! HERON!!! This s**t is lethal! Roman. This is the sequel. Moscow. Dats whr I keep him! Until. He's fully charged!!!!"
"Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded" itself is set to be made available for purchase across the United States on February 14, 2012. "Pink Friday : ROMAN RELOADED will be released on Valentines Day, 2012. Heeeee's baaaacccckkkkk," she announced last month to celebrate the anniversary night of her chart-busting debut album "Pink Friday".
When attending 2011 Billboard's Women in Music Awards at Capitale in New York City on December 2, Minaj who was honored as the Rising Star spilled a few tidbits about the upcoming CD. The femcee told Robin Roberts that the new album is "so much fun from beginning to end" and will explore multiple genres. "It's ... grimy," she teased.
More Nicki Minaj News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked