Lady GaGa Visualizes 'One of Her Worst Days' in 'Marry the Night' Video
Lady GaGa's highly-anticipated music video for her latest single "Marry the Night" has been unleashed in full on E!. She plays an inspiring entertainer who's going through a rejection which inevitably breeds resentment and hostility. After trashing her house, she finally comes to her sense and declares that she would "do it all again."
"I'm gonna be a star. You know why? Because I have nothing left to lose," a teary GaGa tells the nurse who take cares of her in a mental ward. She refuses to let her dream slip through her fingers, and works harder to reach her goal. Reborn as a fierce pop star, she leads an army of dancers to invade the street with her explosive performance.
GaGa says the self-directed music video is a semi autobiographical movie. "It was one of the worst days of my life and it happened quite quickly, but in my mind, when I think back on that period of my life, it all happened very slow," she states when premiering the clip on "E! News Special: Lady GaGa: Marry the Night".
"Well, I was naked in real life when it happened," she says, referring to the real-life rejection which inspires the scene where she's frustratingly throwing things in her naked glory. "That's probably the most honest moment in that video of everything I've ever done. My directorial decision was for them to just f--king roll the cameras, because I couldn't go in and out of the moment."
"It is my personal way of seeing things," GaGa explains. "If you give up after something like that, you were never destined to be an entertainer." In order to reach a success, she opinionates, "You have to acknowledge what is wrong with your work, or what is dishonest about it. What have I not been really great at?"
A few hours before the premiere, the music video leaked. "And...my video is now leaking like an old tampon. Watch MarryTheNightOnE," she tweets before following it up later with another message that read, "Although I do appreciate that really sneaky monsters are flipping out :)."
More Lady GaGa News
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Single 'Kiss the Sky' Off His 'Platinum Hits' Album
- Hayes Grier Shares Photo From Hospital, Assures Fans He's 'Good' After Dirt Bike Crash
- Constance Wu Slams 'Great Wall' for Whitewashing: Our Heroes Don't Look Like Matt Damon
- Zachary Quinto Addresses Engagement Speculations and Wedding Plans to Miles McMillan
- Justin Bieber Teases 'Cold Water' Video as the Major Lazer Collab Hits No. 1 on U.K. Chart
- See Tyler Hoechlin's Superman in Action in 'Supergirl' Set Videos
- Did Tyler Posey Just Come Out as Gay on Snapchat?
- Fans Defend Malia Obama Amidst Backlash for Attending Lollapalooza Instead of DNC