Lady GaGa Visualizes 'One of Her Worst Days' in 'Marry the Night' Video
Lady GaGa's highly-anticipated music video for her latest single "Marry the Night" has been unleashed in full on E!. She plays an inspiring entertainer who's going through a rejection which inevitably breeds resentment and hostility. After trashing her house, she finally comes to her sense and declares that she would "do it all again."
"I'm gonna be a star. You know why? Because I have nothing left to lose," a teary GaGa tells the nurse who take cares of her in a mental ward. She refuses to let her dream slip through her fingers, and works harder to reach her goal. Reborn as a fierce pop star, she leads an army of dancers to invade the street with her explosive performance.
GaGa says the self-directed music video is a semi autobiographical movie. "It was one of the worst days of my life and it happened quite quickly, but in my mind, when I think back on that period of my life, it all happened very slow," she states when premiering the clip on "E! News Special: Lady GaGa: Marry the Night".
"Well, I was naked in real life when it happened," she says, referring to the real-life rejection which inspires the scene where she's frustratingly throwing things in her naked glory. "That's probably the most honest moment in that video of everything I've ever done. My directorial decision was for them to just f--king roll the cameras, because I couldn't go in and out of the moment."
"It is my personal way of seeing things," GaGa explains. "If you give up after something like that, you were never destined to be an entertainer." In order to reach a success, she opinionates, "You have to acknowledge what is wrong with your work, or what is dishonest about it. What have I not been really great at?"
A few hours before the premiere, the music video leaked. "And...my video is now leaking like an old tampon. Watch MarryTheNightOnE," she tweets before following it up later with another message that read, "Although I do appreciate that really sneaky monsters are flipping out :)."
Lady GaGa's "Marry the Night" music video
More Lady GaGa News
- Is Gwen Stefani Pregnant With Blake Shelton's Child?
- See a Glimpse of Gru and Dru's Past in New 'Despicable Me 3' Trailer
- Kylie Jenner Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Plunging Mesh Top in New Selfie
- Justin Bieber Forgets 'Despacito' Spanish Lyrics, Sings 'Blah, Blah, Blah' Instead
- Fans Loath ABC's 'Dirty Dancing' Remake - See the Hilarious Memes
- Kourtney Kardashian Flaunts Butt as She Enjoys Jet Ski Ride With Younes Bendjima
- New Couple Alert! Bow Wow Reportedly Dating This Blonde Reality Star
- The First Heart-Wrenching Trailer of 'Wonder' Sees Julia Roberts, Owen Wilson and Jacob Tremblay