'Pretty Little Liars' to Return for a Third Season
"Pretty Little Liars" has been renewed for a third season by ABC Family. The network ordered 24 episodes for the mystery, thriller series which is expected to return in June 2012 after wrapping up the second season earlier the year.
ABC Family also ordered 24 episodes for the second season of "PLL", but it was expanded to 25 with a special Halloween outing which aired last October. The remaining new episodes of season 2 will resume airing on Monday, January 2.
The story picks up a month after the events in the summer finale. According to the official synopsis, Aria, Emily, Hanna and Spencer are no longer the mighty four best friends and are at each others' throats. Meanwhile, Emily has been iced out completely.
The Liars will also be seen doing their community-service sentence after finding the shovel, which was used to kill Alison, in the August episode. "They are in a lot of trouble," executive producer Oliver Goldstick gushed about the girls. "They're [assigned to] picking up trash. But we have yet to see a fast-food place in Rosewood, so it's high-end trash!"
More Pretty Little Liars News
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die