'Pretty Little Liars' to Return for a Third Season
"Pretty Little Liars" has been renewed for a third season by ABC Family. The network ordered 24 episodes for the mystery, thriller series which is expected to return in June 2012 after wrapping up the second season earlier the year.
ABC Family also ordered 24 episodes for the second season of "PLL", but it was expanded to 25 with a special Halloween outing which aired last October. The remaining new episodes of season 2 will resume airing on Monday, January 2.
The story picks up a month after the events in the summer finale. According to the official synopsis, Aria, Emily, Hanna and Spencer are no longer the mighty four best friends and are at each others' throats. Meanwhile, Emily has been iced out completely.
The Liars will also be seen doing their community-service sentence after finding the shovel, which was used to kill Alison, in the August episode. "They are in a lot of trouble," executive producer Oliver Goldstick gushed about the girls. "They're [assigned to] picking up trash. But we have yet to see a fast-food place in Rosewood, so it's high-end trash!"
More Pretty Little Liars News
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo