'Pretty Little Liars' to Return for a Third Season
"Pretty Little Liars" has been renewed for a third season by ABC Family. The network ordered 24 episodes for the mystery, thriller series which is expected to return in June 2012 after wrapping up the second season earlier the year.
ABC Family also ordered 24 episodes for the second season of "PLL", but it was expanded to 25 with a special Halloween outing which aired last October. The remaining new episodes of season 2 will resume airing on Monday, January 2.
The story picks up a month after the events in the summer finale. According to the official synopsis, Aria, Emily, Hanna and Spencer are no longer the mighty four best friends and are at each others' throats. Meanwhile, Emily has been iced out completely.
The Liars will also be seen doing their community-service sentence after finding the shovel, which was used to kill Alison, in the August episode. "They are in a lot of trouble," executive producer Oliver Goldstick gushed about the girls. "They're [assigned to] picking up trash. But we have yet to see a fast-food place in Rosewood, so it's high-end trash!"
More Pretty Little Liars News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered