'Pretty Little Liars' to Return for a Third Season
"Pretty Little Liars" has been renewed for a third season by ABC Family. The network ordered 24 episodes for the mystery, thriller series which is expected to return in June 2012 after wrapping up the second season earlier the year.
ABC Family also ordered 24 episodes for the second season of "PLL", but it was expanded to 25 with a special Halloween outing which aired last October. The remaining new episodes of season 2 will resume airing on Monday, January 2.
The story picks up a month after the events in the summer finale. According to the official synopsis, Aria, Emily, Hanna and Spencer are no longer the mighty four best friends and are at each others' throats. Meanwhile, Emily has been iced out completely.
The Liars will also be seen doing their community-service sentence after finding the shovel, which was used to kill Alison, in the August episode. "They are in a lot of trouble," executive producer Oliver Goldstick gushed about the girls. "They're [assigned to] picking up trash. But we have yet to see a fast-food place in Rosewood, so it's high-end trash!"
More Pretty Little Liars News
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer
- Rihanna Sends Taylor Swift a Warning After Pop Diva Spent Her Night Partying With Drake
- Ray J Teams Up With Chris Brown for Kanye West 'Famous' Response
- Here's Why Ryan Reynolds Disagrees With Tim Miller's 'More Stylish' Version of 'Deadpool 2'
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen