'Pretty Little Liars' to Return for a Third Season
"Pretty Little Liars" has been renewed for a third season by ABC Family. The network ordered 24 episodes for the mystery, thriller series which is expected to return in June 2012 after wrapping up the second season earlier the year.
ABC Family also ordered 24 episodes for the second season of "PLL", but it was expanded to 25 with a special Halloween outing which aired last October. The remaining new episodes of season 2 will resume airing on Monday, January 2.
The story picks up a month after the events in the summer finale. According to the official synopsis, Aria, Emily, Hanna and Spencer are no longer the mighty four best friends and are at each others' throats. Meanwhile, Emily has been iced out completely.
The Liars will also be seen doing their community-service sentence after finding the shovel, which was used to kill Alison, in the August episode. "They are in a lot of trouble," executive producer Oliver Goldstick gushed about the girls. "They're [assigned to] picking up trash. But we have yet to see a fast-food place in Rosewood, so it's high-end trash!"
More Pretty Little Liars News
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day
- 'Green Lantern Corps' Is Eying Ryan Reynolds, Bradley Cooper and Tom Cruise
- Bella Hadid Goes Braless in Completely Sheer Top. See the Eye-Popping Pics
- Find Out Who Will Be Godparents to George and Amal Clooney's Twins
- Jackie Evancho Delivers Live Performance of National Anthem at Donald Trump's Inauguration
- Emily Ratajkowski Strips Down to Lacy Lingerie on Streets for DKNY Campaign
- Angelina Jolie Loses Her Team's Trust Amid Brad Pitt Custody War
- 'Cult of Chucky' Image Offers First Look at the Murderous Doll With No Head