Lady GaGa: What Intimidates Men Is My Mind, Not My Purse
Lady GaGa has gone candid when talking about her bad romances. In an interview for the January issue of Vanity Fair, the "Marry the Night" singer shared her theory over the matter, saying that men are intimidated by her not because of her fame and fortune, but rather because of her creative mind.
"Perhaps it's a whose-d**k-is-bigger contest. If I go to the piano and write a quick song and play it back, they are angry with how fast and effortless it is. That's who I am, and I don't apologize for it," she explained. "I think what it really is, is that I date creative people. And I think that what intimidates them is not my purse; it's my mind."
During a chat with contributing editor Lisa Robinson, the 25-year-old admitted, "It's a hideous place to be in when someone that you love has convinced you that you will never be good enough for anyone. I had a man say to me, 'You will die alone in a house bigger than you know, with all your money and hit records, and you will die alone.' "
GaGa also revealed, "I have never felt truly cherished by a lover. I have an inability to know what happiness feels like with a man." She explained, "I have this effect on people where it starts out good. Then, when I'm in these relationships with people who are also creative, or creative in their own way, what happens is the attraction is initially there and it's all unicorns and rainbows. And then they hate me."
The Mother Monster, who posed completely naked for Tony Bennett for a spread in the magazine, further recalled being proposed by someone she dumped. "How f***in' romantic, you a**hole. Sure, pop a ring on my finger and make it all better," she voiced her thought over the matter. "I can buy myself a f***in' ring."
More Lady GaGa News
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio