Alternate Video for Beyonce's 'Countdown' Excludes Anne Teresa De Keersmaeker's Dance
An alternate version for Beyonce Knowles' controversial "Countdown" music video has just surfaced. It has a slight change by excluding a scene which features the R&B diva doing a routine inspired by Belgian choreographer Anne Teresa De Keersmaeker's dance.
The other scenes are pretty much the same. It shows the pregnant singer glowing with happiness. She slips into a lot of different costumes including an edgy maternity outfit which shows off her growing belly and channeling the spirit of Audrey Hebpurn by wearing short bangs and cropped black pants.
The original music video actually received positive response when it came out in early October. It, however, was marred with controversy surrounding the unattributed homage when the original choreographer sounded off her disappointment. "They took pieces from Achterland and Rosas danst Rosas. ... It's a bit rude," she said.
"There are protocols and consequences to such actions, and I can't imagine she and her team are not aware of it," Anne issued another statement to refer to Beyonce's failure to credit her. The choreographer, however, gushed, "She [Bey] sings and dances very well, and she has a good taste!"
Beyonce herself never denied the similarities. Before the video was premiered, her "Countdown" co-director Adria Petty had, in fact, warned fans that there were a number of German modern-dance references in it. "Clearly, the ballet 'Rosas danst Rosas' was one of many references for my video 'Countdown'," Queen Bey said. "It was one of the inspirations used to bring the feel and look of the song to life."
Beyonce Knowles' "Countdown" alternate music video
More Beyonce Knowles News
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Set Photos Reveal Iron Man's New Suit
- Justin Bieber to Team Up With Anitta on New Song
- Alec Baldwin Will Bring Back Donald Trump Impression to 'Saturday Night Live'
- 'Deadpool 2': Ryan Reynolds Crashes Kid's Birthday Party in New Set Photos
- Is Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Surrogate Pregnant With Twins?
- Is Ryan Seacrest Planning to Leave 'Live' for Profitable 'American Idol' Deal?
- Ed Sheeran Hits Back After Being Accused of Not Performing Live at Glastonbury
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Kenny Pitted Against Lee in Two-on-One Date