Demi Lovato Counts Her Blessings on First Thanksgiving Since Rehab
Demi Lovato is sharing why she's more grateful than ever before this holiday season. Having spent previous Thanksgiving away from her home and family, the former "Sonny with a Chance" singer looks back on what she has achieved since leaving rehab and expresses her gratitude toward those who've been there for her.
"Thinking about how far I have come in a year makes me so thankful," the 19-year-old songstress writes in her Seventeen column. "I could not have done this without God and the amazing support from my family. They have stuck by me through everything and love me just the way that I am. That is a wonderful feeling to know that people accept the real you."
"Going to treatment was a gift and I believe it saved my life. I learned how to be strong and healthy even through struggles. It also helped me open up about my issues and share them with others. Knowing that my family, friends and fans accept me for who I am is the greatest feeling ever!"
The "Skyscraper" singer then notes, "What a difference a year makes - I cannot believe I'm out on tour again!" She dishes on, "I just got done with my first show in Detroit. What an amazing crowd! Sometimes I cannot believe how lucky I am to be on the road and doing what I love every night."
In the column, Demi also says that she's thankful that she's healthy and happy. "I no longer take things for granted, like my family, friends, fans and career," she adds. "Each day is special to me and I take each day one day at a time. Sometimes people get busy and forget to enjoy the moment - but I know I will not do that this holiday season. I have worked very hard to get to the place I am today."
More Demi Lovato News
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Nick Gets Surprise Visit From Ex Andi Dorfman After Hometown Dates
- Drake Gives a Birthday Shout Out to Rihanna During Concert
- She's 'Dying'! Cher Suffers From Mystery Illness
- Charlie Hunnam Is Facing His Destiny in 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword' Latest Epic Trailer
- Watch Lana Del Rey Fly to the Moon in 'Love' Music Video
- Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose Are Batman and Batgirl at Son's 4th Birthday Bash
- Back Together? Ellie Goulding Attends London Fashion Week Parties With Ex Dougie Poynter
- 'Supergirl' 2.14 Preview: Kara and Alex's Father Is Back