Hugh Laurie to Retire From Acting on Small Screen When 'House' Ends
"House M.D." may be Hugh Laurie's last appearance as a male lead on the small screen. The actor who stars as grumpy doctor Gregory House on FOX's hit medical drama suggested in a recent interview that he would likely retire from acting on the small screen once the series comes to an end.
"I can't imagine there will be another one quite like this," he told the Daily Record. "I think I will probably be as interested by either writing or producing or directing, or some other aspect. I find the whole field of it fascinating. And I think I am extremely lucky to have had the one shot that I have had at it and I wouldn't go looking for lightning to strike twice."
After eight years starring on "House", the 52-year-old actor said, "I hope I'm not going to drop dead, assuming that I'm unplugged," when the series ends. He added, "We have done 170-odd shows, that's about 56 feature films worth. That's a huge amount of experience and that sort of experience gives you a confidence in a way. I think that I have a confidence that I might not have had."
"House M.D." has been picked up for its eighth season back in May. Hugh, however, suggested in a radio interview that it is likely to be the show's final season. Speaking to U.K.'s Radio Times, the actor said at the time, "The end of (the eighth) season, right now, looks like the end of the show. That is as far as they have got me for."
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up