Nigel Lythgoe, 'Millenium' Miniseries Grab Throphy at International Emmys
Nigel Lythgoe got a special treat at the 39th annual International Emmy Awards. The creator of "So You Think You Can Dance" was announced as the recipient of Founders Award at the Monday, November 21 ceremony and he was handed out the kudo by surprise presenter Lady GaGa.
Calling Lythgoe her favorite producer, GaGa had nothing but good words for the "American Idol" boss. "He always helped to nurture and foster my crazy ideas, no matter how demographically unfriendly they were," the Mother Monster said before adding, "I am honored to be here tonight, and I have shared many laughs with him on the side of the stage in my crazy outfits."
"To be presented with this award by Lady GaGa is just astounding," Lythgoe praised GaGa in return. He continued gushing about the 25-year-old songstress who has appeared in some of his TV programs, "She certainly, for my money, is the most creatively talented woman in show business right now."
Also at the prize-giving ceremony, the International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences announced the winners in 10 categories, including best TV movie/miniseries which went to "Millennium". Based on Stieg Larsson's novels, the miniseries has Noomi Rapace reprising her "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" role.
The 2011 International Emmy Awards was hosted by "Beverly Hills, 90210" alum Jason Priestley. Beside serving as a presenter, "Marry the Night" singer GaGa also took the stage to cater the audience at the New York Hilton where the event took place.
2011 International Emmy Awards winners:
- Arts Programming: "Gareth Malone Goes to Glyndebourne"
- Best Performance by an Actor: Christopher Eccleston - "Accused"
- Best Performance by an Actress: Julie Walters - "MO"
- Children & Young People: "Con Que Suenas?" ("What is your Dream?")
- Comedy: "Benidorm Bastards"
- Documentary: "Life with Murder"
- Drama Series: "Accused"
- Non-Scripted Entertainment: "The World's Strictest Parents"
- Telenovela: "Lacos de Sangue" ("Blood Ties")
- TV Movie/Miniseries: "Millennium"
- International Emmy Founders Award: Nigel Lythgoe
More So You Think You Can Dance News
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'