Justin Bieber's Baby Drama Yet to Be Over, Mariah Yeater Still Wants Paternity Test
Justin Bieber is not totally in the clear from his baby drama just yet. While Mariah Yeater's paternity lawsuit against the Canadian pop sensation has indeed been withdrawn, one of her new lawyers, Jeffrey M. Leving, claimed they are still pursuing to get him to take a DNA test in private.
"We're negotiating with Bieber's counsel, to reach a confidentiality agreement and to get private testing and results," Chicago-based attorney Leving told PEOPLE. Commenting on Yeater's claims that Bieber is the father of her baby boy, he said, "Of course I believe my client's allegations. I can't comment on whether she has physical evidence or not."
Leving added that he fears for Yeater's safety. "I just spoke to Mariah today, someone was recently stalking her," he said. "She is happy that she changed her number so she's not getting death threats by phone. She's a young 20-year-old mother who now has to worry about her safety and her child's. It's a lot for any woman that age to handle."
As for the recent removal of Yeater's lawsuit, Leving told The Associated Press it was dismissed "without prejudice" but could be refiled at a later date. "This case was never dismissed. It can be refilled today or tomorrow," he said. "We are trying to settle this matter out of court with Bieber's camp." Nonetheless, a hearing set for December 15 has been canceled.
When asked to respond to the removal of the suit, Bieber's spokesman Matthew Hiltzik simply stated, "As we've said from the beginning, it's sad that someone would fabricate such a malicious, defamatory, and demonstrably false claim. We'll continue to consider all of our options to protect Justin."
More Justin Bieber News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March