Paternity Lawsuit Against Justin Bieber Has Been Dropped
Justin Bieber can breathe a sigh of relief as Mariah Yeater, the woman who pursues him to take paternity test, reportedly has dropped the lawsuit. Per TMZ, Yeater had parted company with her legal team, Lance Rogers and Matt Pare, and that the charges had been withdrawn.
Yeater claimed in her lawsuit that the 17-year-old singer hooked up with her in the backstage of his Los Angeles concert last year. "He immediately took a liking to me. We just got to talking. Eventually he asked me, he said, "Would you mind if we could go somewhere and be alone?' " she said, adding that her four-month-old baby boy is Bieber's.
Bieber, who is dating Selena Gomez, stood firm on his statement that he never even met the 20-year-old girl. "To set the record straight, none of it is true," he said earlier this month. "I know I'm going to be a target, but I'm never going to be a victim. It's crazy, because every night after the show I've gone right from the stage right to my car. So it's crazy that some people want to make up such false allegations."
Before Yeater's lawsuit was dropped, Bieber's spokesperson Matthew Hiltzik said they will "vigorously pursue all available legal remedies to protect Justin and to hold those involved with bringing this suit accountable for their actions." It's not yet clear whether they will now attack back Yeater for defamatory.
More Justin Bieber News
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says