Paternity Lawsuit Against Justin Bieber Has Been Dropped
Justin Bieber can breathe a sigh of relief as Mariah Yeater, the woman who pursues him to take paternity test, reportedly has dropped the lawsuit. Per TMZ, Yeater had parted company with her legal team, Lance Rogers and Matt Pare, and that the charges had been withdrawn.
Yeater claimed in her lawsuit that the 17-year-old singer hooked up with her in the backstage of his Los Angeles concert last year. "He immediately took a liking to me. We just got to talking. Eventually he asked me, he said, "Would you mind if we could go somewhere and be alone?' " she said, adding that her four-month-old baby boy is Bieber's.
Bieber, who is dating Selena Gomez, stood firm on his statement that he never even met the 20-year-old girl. "To set the record straight, none of it is true," he said earlier this month. "I know I'm going to be a target, but I'm never going to be a victim. It's crazy, because every night after the show I've gone right from the stage right to my car. So it's crazy that some people want to make up such false allegations."
Before Yeater's lawsuit was dropped, Bieber's spokesperson Matthew Hiltzik said they will "vigorously pursue all available legal remedies to protect Justin and to hold those involved with bringing this suit accountable for their actions." It's not yet clear whether they will now attack back Yeater for defamatory.
More Justin Bieber News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed