Roland Emmerich Suspends 'Singularity' Pre-Production to Revise the Script
The pre-production for Roland Emmerich's sci-fi project, "Singularity (2013)", has been put on a hold. It is said that the German filmmaker decided to delay the production for his big-budget film project in order to focus on the script.
Emmerich was previously scheduled to kick off the filming in March 2012 in Montreal. However, the "2012" helmer decided to halt the production because he was reportedly not satisfied with the screenplay and wanted to revise it.
The script was penned by Emmerich along with his frequent collaborator, Harald Kloser. Of his partner's decision to suspend the production, Kloser said, "Roland has been traveling the world promoting 'Anonymous' so it was a little bit of a mistake to think he could dive in to his next project without taking a breath."
"With Roland traveling, we had trouble sitting down with Ray [Kurzweil; futurist and AI specialist], but we finally met and liked each other," he continued. "It's a very fortunate development. He's the eminent authority on singularity so he'll be a great asset to have on the team."
"Singularity" cost $175 million and was originally expected to be released in U.S. theaters on May 17, 2013. The production will likely be pushed back to late spring or early summer next year, but insiders said that the project is not in danger of missing its targeted release schedule.
According to Variety, its story centers on a nanotechnology master who uses a dangerous way to rescue his injured son, Adam, whose consciousness is transferred into a swarm of nanobots that take his physical form, giving him all sorts of powers.
It is said that Emmerich had previously eyed several actors, including Luke Grimes, Logan Marshall-Green and Thomas McDonnell, to tackle the lead role. "Narnia" star Ben Barnes was also rumored to be in the mix.
- Chris Brown Is Arrested for Assault With a Deadly Weapon
- New Boyfriend? Lindsay Lohan Spotted Together With Dennis Papageorgiou in Greece
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues