MTV EMAs 2011: Justin Bieber and Coldplay's Performances
In addition to seeing live performances from Queen, Adam Lambert and Lady GaGa, 18th annual MTV Europe Music Awards also featured Justin Bieber and Coldplay rocking the stage. The Canadian singer did a medley of "Mistletoe" and "Never Say Never", while the British band catered audience with "Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall".
Bieber won two coveted awards during the star-studded ceremony which was hosted by his girlfriend Selena Gomez. Receiving Best Male and Best Pop, he tweeted, "Went out and celebrated at the @LMFAO after party and did a little shufflin with the fellas. #goodtimes." He also congratulated Selena by writing, "Great job tonight @selenagomez tonight at the EMA's. proud of u."
Unlike Bieber, Coldplay, who served as the opening act, were not so lucky that Sunday night. Being nominated for Best Rock and Best Live Act, the Chris Martin-fronted band lost the former category to Linkin Park, and they were blocked by Katy Perry from taking home the latter prize.
2011 MTV EMAs was dominated by GaGa who grabbed four gongs. It was also made merry by David Guetta who pumped up the crowd with the help of Taio Cruz, Ludacris and Jessie J. They teamed up in "Sweat", "Little Bad Girl" and "Without You".
More Justin Bieber News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'