MTV EMAs 2011: Queen Close the Night by Rocking Out With Adam Lambert
Before the lights were dimmed and the audience were sent home, Queen took the stage at 2011 MTV Europe Music Awards along with Adam Lambert, who has repeatedly cited the band as one of his inspirations in music. Their performance on the November 6 celebration was introduced by host Selena Gomez.
Brian May, Roger Taylor and the former contestant of "American Idol" kicked off their set by playing "The Show Must Go On". After a very brief break, they pumped up the crowd with another classic "We Will Rock You" and offered "We Are the Champions" before taking a final bow.
After the live collaboration, Grammy-nominated singer Adam shared his excitement with his Twitter followers by writing, "What an enormous honor to sing w QUEEN! I could feel the spirit of [late QUEEN singer Freddie] Mercury alive on stage tonight! Thank u Brian and Roger and crew. LOVE."
Earlier that Sunday night, Brian and Roger were presented with Global Icon by Katy Perry. She said, "When I was growing up there was no MTV in my house. But then one day, a friend of mine played me Queen - it opened my eyes, unlocked my heart, blew my mind. I knew exactly what I wanted to do and I knew who I was. I am only standing here because of the brilliance, and drama of Queen."
More Queen News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media