Pics: Sarah Jessica Parker Goes Wild With Wacky Hat in Australia
Sarah Jessica Parker is turning head with her choice of headpiece. The Carrie Bradshaw of "Sex and the City" came to the Crown Oaks Club ladies luncheon at Crown Palladium in Melbourne, Australia wearing a dramatic sculptured black hat by Philip Treacy, the same designer who created Princess Beatrice's royal wedding hat.
Philip revealed that he spent more than 200 hours on the headpiece the Daily Mail describes as a "satellite dish". Having designed another hat for the 46-year-old actress' November 3 appearance at the annual Crown Oaks Day horse racing event, he gushed, "Fashion is about suspense and surprise, so tomorrow she is going to surprise everyone as well. She's the ultimate fashion icon."
SJP attended the Wednesday, November 2 luncheon to promote her new comedy movie, "I Don't Know How She Does It". Her outrageous hat aside, the wife of Matthew Broderick actually looked chic in a tight-fitted Chanel tweed dress with button detail down the front. She paired up the sleeveless dress with black stilettos.
This isn't the first time SJP caught attention with her headpiece though. In 2008, the "New Year's Eve" actress rocked a lime-green fascinator consisting of butterflies and one big rose to the premiere of "SATC". Two years later, in May 2010, she wore a black netted headpiece to the premiere of "Sex and the City 2".
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked