Princess Beatrice to Auction Off Royal Wedding Hat on eBay
Princess Beatrice is planning to auction off the headlines-grabber headpiece she wore to the April 29 wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton on eBay. Making the revelation was none other than the 22-year-old's mother Sarah Ferguson during a recent appearance on "The Oprah Winfrey Show".
In an interview aired on Wednesday, May 11, the Duchess of York said that her royal daughter will give all proceeds from the sale of the blush-colored Philip Treacy hat to charity. To host Oprah Winfrey, she shared, "[Beatrice] is putting it up on eBay to auction it for UNICEF and for Children in Crisis."
While she quickly became a subject of Internet mockery for the stiff-ribboned topper, Beatrice herself has defended her choice of accessory. In a recent Grazia interview, she said, "I think it's wonderful that it's had a reaction, it is just a hat after all, and now it has got its own Facebook page and so many fans. It's an incredible response to that hat really, I'm glad it provoked so much conversation."
There is no word yet on when Beatrice's hat will be put up for the auction or what the asking price will be. According to People magazine, the Philip Treacy's creations can cost around $3,300.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'