Princess Beatrice to Auction Off Royal Wedding Hat on eBay
Princess Beatrice is planning to auction off the headlines-grabber headpiece she wore to the April 29 wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton on eBay. Making the revelation was none other than the 22-year-old's mother Sarah Ferguson during a recent appearance on "The Oprah Winfrey Show".
In an interview aired on Wednesday, May 11, the Duchess of York said that her royal daughter will give all proceeds from the sale of the blush-colored Philip Treacy hat to charity. To host Oprah Winfrey, she shared, "[Beatrice] is putting it up on eBay to auction it for UNICEF and for Children in Crisis."
While she quickly became a subject of Internet mockery for the stiff-ribboned topper, Beatrice herself has defended her choice of accessory. In a recent Grazia interview, she said, "I think it's wonderful that it's had a reaction, it is just a hat after all, and now it has got its own Facebook page and so many fans. It's an incredible response to that hat really, I'm glad it provoked so much conversation."
There is no word yet on when Beatrice's hat will be put up for the auction or what the asking price will be. According to People magazine, the Philip Treacy's creations can cost around $3,300.
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test
- Jinger Duggar Is Engaged to Former Pro Soccer Player Jeremy Vuolo
- Jimmy Page Breaks Silence on Led Zeppelin's 'Stairway to Heaven' Plagiarism Trial
- James Corden's 'Carpool Karaoke' Turned Into Series on Apple
- Ariana Grande Splits From Ricky Alvarez After 1 Year of Dating
- Lionel Messi Goes Platinum Blonde and Internet Just Can't Handle It
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub