Princess Beatrice to Auction Off Royal Wedding Hat on eBay
Princess Beatrice is planning to auction off the headlines-grabber headpiece she wore to the April 29 wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton on eBay. Making the revelation was none other than the 22-year-old's mother Sarah Ferguson during a recent appearance on "The Oprah Winfrey Show".
In an interview aired on Wednesday, May 11, the Duchess of York said that her royal daughter will give all proceeds from the sale of the blush-colored Philip Treacy hat to charity. To host Oprah Winfrey, she shared, "[Beatrice] is putting it up on eBay to auction it for UNICEF and for Children in Crisis."
While she quickly became a subject of Internet mockery for the stiff-ribboned topper, Beatrice herself has defended her choice of accessory. In a recent Grazia interview, she said, "I think it's wonderful that it's had a reaction, it is just a hat after all, and now it has got its own Facebook page and so many fans. It's an incredible response to that hat really, I'm glad it provoked so much conversation."
There is no word yet on when Beatrice's hat will be put up for the auction or what the asking price will be. According to People magazine, the Philip Treacy's creations can cost around $3,300.
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?