Warner Bros. Gets 'Iron Man 3' Screenwriter for 'Sherlock Holmes 3'
Although "Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows" is still two months away from arriving in U.S. theaters, Warner Bros. Pictures is already planning a third installment for the Robert Downey Jr.-starring detective movie franchise. Words are, the studio has already hired a screenwriter to pen the script for "Sherlock Holmes 3".
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Warner Bros. has tapped Drew Pearce to serve as the scribe for the next "Sherlock Holmes" movie. Pearce is currently writing the screenplay for "Iron Man 3", which also stars Downey Jr. Additionally, he tackles the script for Paramount Pictures' DC Comics-adapted superhero movie, "The Mighty".
No new talent has been attached to star in "Sherlock Holmes 3", but it is almost certain that Downey Jr. and Jude Law will return to play Holmes and Dr. Watson respectively. In "Sherlock Holmes 2", which will hit U.S. theaters on December 16, both actors star opposite Jared Harris, Noomi Rapace and Stephen Fry.
Directed by Guy Ritchie, the story of "A Game of Shadows" centers on Holmes who continues his pursuit of Professor Moriarty, whom he suspects to be the world's number one supervillain. In his attempt to solve the case, he is supported by his long trusted partner Dr. Watson, and gets help from his older brother Mycroft Holmes and a gypsy woman named Sim.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation