Warner Bros. Gets 'Iron Man 3' Screenwriter for 'Sherlock Holmes 3'
Although "Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows" is still two months away from arriving in U.S. theaters, Warner Bros. Pictures is already planning a third installment for the Robert Downey Jr.-starring detective movie franchise. Words are, the studio has already hired a screenwriter to pen the script for "Sherlock Holmes 3".
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Warner Bros. has tapped Drew Pearce to serve as the scribe for the next "Sherlock Holmes" movie. Pearce is currently writing the screenplay for "Iron Man 3", which also stars Downey Jr. Additionally, he tackles the script for Paramount Pictures' DC Comics-adapted superhero movie, "The Mighty".
No new talent has been attached to star in "Sherlock Holmes 3", but it is almost certain that Downey Jr. and Jude Law will return to play Holmes and Dr. Watson respectively. In "Sherlock Holmes 2", which will hit U.S. theaters on December 16, both actors star opposite Jared Harris, Noomi Rapace and Stephen Fry.
Directed by Guy Ritchie, the story of "A Game of Shadows" centers on Holmes who continues his pursuit of Professor Moriarty, whom he suspects to be the world's number one supervillain. In his attempt to solve the case, he is supported by his long trusted partner Dr. Watson, and gets help from his older brother Mycroft Holmes and a gypsy woman named Sim.
More Sherlock Holmes 3 News
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary