Warner Bros. Gets 'Iron Man 3' Screenwriter for 'Sherlock Holmes 3'
Although "Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows" is still two months away from arriving in U.S. theaters, Warner Bros. Pictures is already planning a third installment for the Robert Downey Jr.-starring detective movie franchise. Words are, the studio has already hired a screenwriter to pen the script for "Sherlock Holmes 3".
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Warner Bros. has tapped Drew Pearce to serve as the scribe for the next "Sherlock Holmes" movie. Pearce is currently writing the screenplay for "Iron Man 3", which also stars Downey Jr. Additionally, he tackles the script for Paramount Pictures' DC Comics-adapted superhero movie, "The Mighty".
No new talent has been attached to star in "Sherlock Holmes 3", but it is almost certain that Downey Jr. and Jude Law will return to play Holmes and Dr. Watson respectively. In "Sherlock Holmes 2", which will hit U.S. theaters on December 16, both actors star opposite Jared Harris, Noomi Rapace and Stephen Fry.
Directed by Guy Ritchie, the story of "A Game of Shadows" centers on Holmes who continues his pursuit of Professor Moriarty, whom he suspects to be the world's number one supervillain. In his attempt to solve the case, he is supported by his long trusted partner Dr. Watson, and gets help from his older brother Mycroft Holmes and a gypsy woman named Sim.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group