'Fast and Furious 6' and '7' to Be Filmed Back-to-Back With Linked Plot
"Fast and Furious 6" and "7" could be filmed back-to-back. According to Los Angeles Times' 24 Frames, Universal Pictures has been considering the next "Fast and Furious" films to be shot without a pause, with a single plot interlinking the two movies.
Screenwriter Chris Morgan is currently working to finalize the idea of the storyline. Multiple sources additionally said that Justin Lin, who directed the last three "Fast" movies, is also set to return as the helmer.
The untitled Fast and Furious 6 was scheduled to arrive in U.S. theaters on May 24, 2013. However, the new back-to-back filming plan might push back the release date because Lin should finish the shooting of the seventh movie before he moves on editing the sixth one.
Though it is still in early phase of pre-production, "Fast and Furious 6" is expected to kick off shooting in Europe in 2012. Recently, it has been rumored that Jason Statham might join Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in the sequels. However, there are no official words from the British actor about his involvement in the franchise.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance