'Fast and Furious 6' and '7' to Be Filmed Back-to-Back With Linked Plot
"Fast and Furious 6" and "7" could be filmed back-to-back. According to Los Angeles Times' 24 Frames, Universal Pictures has been considering the next "Fast and Furious" films to be shot without a pause, with a single plot interlinking the two movies.
Screenwriter Chris Morgan is currently working to finalize the idea of the storyline. Multiple sources additionally said that Justin Lin, who directed the last three "Fast" movies, is also set to return as the helmer.
The untitled Fast and Furious 6 was scheduled to arrive in U.S. theaters on May 24, 2013. However, the new back-to-back filming plan might push back the release date because Lin should finish the shooting of the seventh movie before he moves on editing the sixth one.
Though it is still in early phase of pre-production, "Fast and Furious 6" is expected to kick off shooting in Europe in 2012. Recently, it has been rumored that Jason Statham might join Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in the sequels. However, there are no official words from the British actor about his involvement in the franchise.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'