Demi Lovato to Sing National Anthem at World Series Game 5
Demi Lovato has been chosen to perform "Star-Spangled Banner" at the upcoming game in World Series. The former "Sonny with a Chance" star tweeted on October 21, "Only my lovatics could land me a spot singing the national anthem at the WORLD SERIES!!!! I couldn't do it without you guys!!!!"
Indeed, there was a public plea made by one of her Lovatics on Twitter two days before. "Tweet @Rangers and @MLB #Demi4WorldSeries #DemiNationalAnthemWorldSeries DEMI LOVATO NEEDS TO SING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM AT THE WORLD SERIES!" so the message read.
Lovato will do the honor on Monday, October 24 before the Game 5 kicks off. Although the announcement was made on Friday, she actually had kinda of hinted it a day prior by sharing her excitement about the game that day. She wrote, "Alright guys!! Time to watch the game! Go RANGERS!!!!!"
The Game 2 of the World Series was opened with Trace Adkins belting out the national anthem. For the next two upcoming games, Major League Baseball has picked Ronnie Dunn and Zooey Deschanel. The former will perform at the Game 3, and the latter will sing at the Game 4.
The Game 1 on Thursday, meanwhile, saw Scotty McCreery kicking it off with his rendition of the patriotic song. The "American Idol" winner was rumored to flub the song, but his label, Universal Music, quickly denied it by pointing out that it was his thick southern accent which made the lyrics sound a bit different.
More Demi Lovato News
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation